Position Title: Recruitment Officer
Activation Date: 13 Aug, 2017 Announced Date: 13 Aug, 2017 Expire Date: 20 Aug, 2017
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Recruitment Officer is a three months full-time, professional position located at the USWDP project office in Kabul. The position is placed under Category C of NTA salary scale. The incumbent will work under overall guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) Academic Performance, direct supervision of the Senior HR Manager and in close liaison with the HR Coordinator. The incumbent needs to have expertise in managing large number of recruitments simultaneously. He/she will be responsible to manage recruitment for around 10 vacant positions.
Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
- Review staff requisition forms and job descriptions ensuring consistency and compliance with NTA salary scale and organizational policies.
- Prepare draft advertisement emails and post vacant positions online on local job boards with attention to details.
- Review all applications for vacant positions in a careful manner and prepare a longlist of all qualified applicants for review of hiring managers.
- Ensure that all applications included in the longlist or shortlist meet the essential job requirements of the job.
- Make arrangements for scheduling written tests and interviews in coordination with the Senior HR Manager.
- Participate in job interviews and prepare selection memos, carefully capturing the scores and assessments of each interview panel member.
- Conduct reference and other background checks on selected candidates and compile necessary HR documents based on a checklist.
- Draft offer letter and employment agreements in line with the job descriptions, existing working conditions and NTA salary scale.
- Make arrangements for orientation and smooth onboarding of newly hired employees in liaison with the HR Coordinator.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.