Position Title: Program Officer
Activation Date: 12 Oct, 2017 Announced Date: 12 Oct, 2017 Expire Date: 25 Oct, 2017
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in 42 countries is improving the lives of 19 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program officer will be responsible for ensuring proper coordination between field and office activities. He will report to the Deputy Program Manager (Based in Kandahar) to ensure the implementation of the program quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise Program Assistants and provide support and training in all their activities.
- Ensure correct allocation of responsibilities within the team (Subordinates) .
- In coordination with Coordinators, write summary reports to be submitted to the Deputy Programme Manager documenting work carried out in the field.
- Develop and report monthly, quarterly programme outcomes to supervisor on time.
- Ensure that the programme is constantly pursuing effective and innovative programme activities that are responsive to the needs of the target communities.
- Help developed PRs and keep in process according to PI/ or requirement for the program.
- Help coordinate the activities of the Programme Assistants to effectively interact with the Logistics and Administration departments and ensure that all duties and office management issues are accomplished.
- Assist in any other task or duty assigned by the Deputy Programme Manager/PM/PD
- Assist with the supervisor planning and writing of progress reports from the programs.
- Assist with general program operations and VTCs activities;
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that programs are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
- Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
- Monitor program activity to provide weekly overviews to the supervisor on progress, challenges and suggestions;
- Ensure all programs data process in Slack and google drive
- Track project development throughout the target area;
- Assist program staff in coordinating logistics and project activities;
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the Program and Mercy Corps;
- Assist with overall program development and future proposals for program follow-on activity;
- Maintain, monitor and measure project implementation data entry. Keeping Program Manager informed at all times. Track project impact, standards, and operational compliance;
- Coordinate with M&E and Data Entry staff, identify program needs and develop, implement, and maintain VTCs student record. Participate in meetings as assigned;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should submit their Application To: Mercy Corps Office: House 308, Street T, Road 17, Phase 3, Aino Maina Kandahar Afghanistan or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org