Position Title: Program Assistant
Activation Date: 12 Oct, 2017 Announced Date: 12 Oct, 2017 Expire Date: 25 Oct, 2017
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in 42 countries is improving the lives of 19 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs.
Mercy Corps is part of a Consortium led by DRC, funded by the EU, to support youth, potential migrants and job seekers to develop enhanced market driven skills and knowledge for improved employability, income generation and resilience. The consortium consists of 4 members, i.e. DRC (lead), Aga Khan Foundation, and DACAAR). The consortium is in the startup phase and the Senior Programme Manager is responsible for coordinating with DRC, other Consortium partners, the EU Delegation, MoLSAMD and other respective stakeholders.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Assistant, reporting to the Programme Officer, is responsible for all recruited teachers, guards and cleaners for VTCs monthly salary payroll, keep record of enrolled students from the technical vocational education centers who have achieved, or are studying standard 12. The role involves working closely with (VTC, aftercare, female schools and male school’s coordinators) to collect enrolled (IDP, Returnee & Host community) students for the program and monitoring and mentoring those students throughout their courses in tracking sheet. The assistant will record all relevant details for each semester and will monitor progress and attainment levels throughout the 6 & 3 months’ period, as well as assisting supervisor and program manager providing monthly program progress report, collect data from each coordinator as well as any further needs that are identified.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the supervisor in planning and writing of progress reports for program;
- Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
- Monitor program activity to provide weekly overviews to the supervisor on progress, challenges and suggestions;
- Data-entry of program information, as assigned. Develop charts, reports and data-bases as required by supervisor;
- Track project development throughout the target area;
- Assist program staff in coordinating logistics and project activities;
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the Program and Mercy Corps;
- Maintain, monitor and measure project implementation data entry. Keeping Program Officer informed at all times. Track project impact, standards, and operational compliance;
- Coordinate with MEL and Data Entry staff, identify program needs and develop, implement, and maintain VTCs student record. Participate in meetings as assigned;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Making new Attendances sheets of beneficiaries and update that at the beginning of each month for all VTCs based on last month attendance sheet.
- Raising new Bill of quantities for upcoming semesters.
- Raising new PIs for upcoming semesters.
- Assist supervisor on completing of completion reports for each PI
- Updating all beneficiaries’ databases to show their state (IDP, Returnee, local, able, disable, present & absent and fee based on monthly).
- Arrange store list which the items come in and out from the store.
- Design & prepare certificates for successful students who graduate through vocational training courses.
- Prepare Martials for REC training on time and keep coordination with accountable.
- Recording Pre-test and Post-test results of trainees in soft and hard.
- Arranging all supporting hard documents for program based on Mercy Corps Programs Compliance Checklist
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work independently and show initiative; two years’ experience in related position; Report writing; ability to make recommendations for improvement; strong computer skills (MS Office), filing system, and organizational skills; excellent spoken and written English; willingness to travel throughout the project areas in target Province and Districts.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should submit their Application To: Mercy Corps Office: House 308, Street T, Road 17, Phase 3, Aino Maina Kandahar Afghanistan or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org