Position Title: IT Officer
Activation Date: 27 Nov, 2017 Announced Date: 27 Nov, 2017 Expire Date: 14 Dec, 2017
About Counterpart International:
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical and operational support to the ACEP program, in close and constant coordination with Counterpart HQ
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Connect with staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Perform documentation and reporting as required
• Managing user accounts
• Responding within agreed time limits to support tickets
• Prioritize and manage multiple concurrent open cases
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with office staff and vendors
• Testing and evaluating new technology as requested
• Perform other activities assigned by supervisor
• Provide training and support on IT applications and programs to ACEP staff, ACEP prime partners, and ACEP key partners and Grantees
• Provide technical input to ACEP staff and GETEC in reviewing proposals that include IT related information
• If required, conduct field visits to ACEP partner’s sites to evaluate IT related activities
• A minimum of 3-5 year’s relevant experience in IT support, preferably within international organizations
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or relevant field
• Excellent cross-cultural skills, ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment, with respect, professionalism and gender sensitivity
• Excellent English communication skills; fluency in local languages such as Pashto or Dari is a must.
• Demonstrated experience in providing IT training
• Prior experience in evaluating proposals for IT systems and applications
• Current, demonstrable knowledge of Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or 2012, AD, DNS, DHCP
• Current, demonstrable knowledge of data network maintenance, including principles of cabling, switching and TCP/IP
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of Office365 and SharePoint highly preferred
• In-depth technical knowledge of PC hardware
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application along with a copy of their updated CV to the attention of the Counterpart HR Department (clearly indicate the position title and vacancy number in the subject line) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Hard copies of applications can be mailed to: Counterpart International, Shar-e-Naw, Haji Yaqoob Circle, Lane 02, House # 42, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Counterpart will begin interviewing short listed candidates one week after the closing date of this job vacancy.
Counterpart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (qualified Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education. For additional information about Counterpart International ACEP, please visit www.counterpart.org
Counterpart International Reserves the right to shortlist and Interview potential candidates before closing dates.