ENGINEER, TECHNICAL ASSISTANT - (ELECTRICAL)
Description of Duties
1) Serves as a general project engineer providing professional and technical leadership, guidance, and expertise to USACE personnel to assist in managing Contractor executed construction projects on behalf of the U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers and Afghanistan.
2) Serves as the organizational subject matter expert regarding Afghan national and international standards and practices for electrical engineering designs, system components, installations, and system construction, including but not limited to primary power generation and distribution infrastructure, commercial and industrial electrical systems, and residential electrical systems.
3) Participates in design reviews of and provides comments on Contractor-submitted electrical engineering designs and plans for a variety of applications. Comments will be provided to USACE personnel.
4) Provides quality assurance oversight, documentation of such oversight, and recommends corrective actions to USACE personnel as required to ensure high quality performance on Contractor executed electrical engineering projects or project tasks.
5) Provides safety oversight, documentation of such oversight, and directs corrective actions in cases of life-threatening situations as required to ensure worker safety during the performance of Contractor executed electrical engineering projects or project tasks.
6) Assists the appointed Contracting officer’s representative and/or resident engineer in interpreting and enforcing contractual provisions regarding Contractor electrical engineering requirements and deliverables.
7) Documents and provides reports to USACE personnel regarding Contractor progress toward accomplishing contractual scopes of work. Provides recommendations to USACE personnel regarding authorization of progress payments based on observed Task Order progress to established quality standards and specifications.
8) Maintains systematic, retrievable, contractually enforceable professional files.
9) Assists USACE personnel in training and mentoring initiatives by providing subject matter expertise and conveying cultural meaning and intent; e.g., coordinates, plans, develops and evaluates training, training needs and course objectives.
10) Provides translation services, oral and written for USACE staff, as needed.
11) Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
1) University degree in electrical engineering
2) Two years’ experience related to the above description of duties
3) Provide appropriate documentation to confirm education and experience.
1) Level 3 English ability. Ability to speak and read Dari/Pashtu.
2) Ability to use a variety of office equipment (i.e. computers running MS Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint), copiers, scanners, digital cameras).
3) Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.