Position Title: Business Development Trainer
Activation Date: 10 Jan, 2019 Announced Date: 10 Jan, 2019 Expire Date: 17 Jan, 2019
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic.
War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
Business Development Trainer is responsible for supporting the Business development Consultant in conducting the market mapping and choose the potential job opportunities for the beneficiaries and developing plan for further sustainability of the Center. Also, will provide small business training for the vulnerable women and children, ex-detainees, children having committed minor offenses in integration Center to improve their socio-economics condition and to prevent them from falling into or remaining caught in the circle of criminalization. He/she will develop business plan for all beneficiaries and implement the plan to ensure that they learned the specific skill and could start their own business and involved in income generating activities.
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Support Business Development Consultant in conducting the Market Mapping for developing the potential livelihood opportunity for the beneficiaries
- Support Business development Consultant to Plan for the further sustainability of the integration center by making profit from livelihood and income generating activities of the beneficiaries and the products which is made in the Vocational Training Classes
- Provide Business Training for the beneficiaries
- Support beneficiaries in selecting interested Vocational Skill training
- Developing and implementing the individual Business Plan for the beneficiaries
- Monitoring and Supervising the vocational Training Classes
- Find Apprentice opportunity for the beneficiaries out of the integration center
- Support VT trainers in providing productive training for the beneficiaries
- Follow up the children after graduation
- Give advice for improvement of beneficiaries business or work
- Developing and Implementing the Lesson Plan for the Classes and keep record of plans
- Preparing Monthly Plan and Monthly Report
We use our passion and creativity to deliver high quality evidence-based work designed to maximize our beneficial impact for children in conflict.
Accountable to Children
Children can rely on us to respond to their voices and to treat them with respect and dignity.
We expect to be held to account by our supporters and beneficiaries and we respond with openness and honesty.
Committed to each other
We support each other and our partners to achieve ambitious goals and to the best we can be we are honest and open with each other, sharing our success and confronting our challenges
War Child in Afghanistan operates in a dynamic environment with a team of highly motivated and dedicated staff. The right candidate will share these qualities and bring effective leadership to a diverse team. The successful candidate will be creative problem solver and foster a solution-based approach to management.
Experience and mandatory criteria:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Business Training and marketing
- Bachelor Degree in Economics or Business Administrator
- Good Computer Skill
- Experience in working with Children and Women
- Ability to explain and teach the topics in a simple and systematic way
- Excellent Communication, coordination, Negotiation skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Have enough child protection knowledge