Position Title: Logistic Assistant
Activation Date: 16 Apr, 2019 Announced Date: 16 Apr, 2019 Expire Date: 25 Apr, 2019
About TETRA TECH WLD:
The Promote program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project enables Afghanistan’s most talented young women to become future leaders in government, business, and civil society. Over five years, 25,000 women with exceptional leadership potential and commitment to positive social change are being recruited and enrolled in the program, targeting specifically:
The Primary Target Group includes women who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide them with the knowledge, skills, and networks they need to enter the upper levels of decision-making in all sectors of society. As they move into decision-making roles, they will be empowered to ensure that Afghan women’s voices are represented in government, business, and social institutions throughout the country. They will advocate for policies and practices supporting women’s equality, welfare, and empowerment; they will promote women’s participation in programs, thereby promoting peace and prosperity; and they will make certain that support for girls and women is not on the fringes of Afghanistan’s agenda but integrated prominently and sustainably into the country’s strategic plans for the future.
Working under the overall direction of the DCOP Operations and close coordination with project administrative, financial, and contracts staff, the Logistic assistant will have primary responsibility for ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required goods and keeping all documents maintained.
Principal Duties and Tasks:
- Arrange and maintain logistics concerned files and documents as per WLD standards
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with WLD rules and regulations, and any other documents as needed;
- Co-ordinate the pick-up and delivery of goods to WLD offices.
- Prepare and review PR and coordinate with relevant vendors the provision of all necessary services (hotel accommodation, space, meals, equipment, etc.) related to WLD's meeting and events.
- Maintain a database of goods in movement and deliveries completed;
- Management of storage, and maintenance of office equipment’s.
- Arranging needed accommodation, booking and buying of airline or other tickets and keep, maintain and renew flight schedules and responsible for flight booking, flight refunding and flight changing.
- Preparing reports about the status of expendable and non-expendable items
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Responsible for stationary distribution to all staff (monthly).
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs.
Logistic Assistant works directly under the supervision of DCOP – operations. Direct reporting may change according to project needs
Subject line must be: Logistic Assistant WLD- 0136
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.