The Senior Advisor to Minister will work under direct supervision of the MCIT Minister and report on his activates/ accomplish directly to the minister; He/she will perform the following duties but not limited to:
· Work in close collaboration with policy and planning department, national and external partners on different policies and development approaches addressing the vison, mission and mandate of ministry ;
· Prepare briefing analysis and recommendations on various policies and reform highlighting the areas of concerns and improvements.
· Under the guidance of minister ensure coordination and follow up with all departments and stakeholders on tasks bound activities to ensure the desired results and objectives.
· Advice and assist the policy and planning department in preparation of effective project tracking system and regular follow-up on the assigned tasks and action work plans with the relevant departments.
· Provide inputs and analysis towards preparation of project assessment and MoUs with national and international stakeholders.
· Provide assistance to all internal departments of the ministry in preparation of the directorate’s work planning, budgeting and reporting; as well as regular monitor the directorates work plan and budget and provide periodic reporting to the minister.
· Assist the ministry and minister office in providing regular and on time information to the president office, cabinet, High Economic Council, ICT Council and other stakeholder on MCIT progress, Achievements and establish coordination and cooperation among different government ministries.
· Assist the MCIT in identify opportunities for direct private sector investment in the Afghan economy, consistent with government policy to increase economic growth, employment and to provide goods and services required by the afghan people.
· Assist in Negotiation contributions and partnership agreements and pipeline management of new partnership opportunities. Management of a portfolio of current partnerships, gather and analysis information about fundraising trends, regulations, and practices; accurate timely briefs prepared in issues concerning fundraising.
· Assist the ministry and provide in designing and organizing of events, conferences and workshops and assist the relevant department in the planning and logistic of the events.
· Assist the chief of Staff Office, Policy and Planning and other departments to prepare funding proposals, reports and respond to donor/government queries.
· Precreation of concepts and proposals prepare briefing to the leadership e.g Hight economic council, Cabinet, council ministers and others.
· Develops and maintains collaborative relationship with international donors, ITU and IPU and follow-up on negotiations and dialogues, project implementation and technical contracts.
· Prepare analysis/ reports, briefs and recommendations to the minister as required to needed for cabinet, Minister Councils, Parliaments etc.
· Accompany the minister in international dialogues and trips inside and outside of the country.
· Any other duties assigned by the minister.
Interested of Afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position TO:
Human Resource Directorate, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.