Position Title: Regional Development Specialist
Activation Date: 11 Sep, 2019 Announced Date: 11 Sep, 2019 Expire Date: 20 Sep, 2019
The Independent Directorate for Local Governance (IDLG) was established through a presidential decree in August 2007. Its mandate is to strenghen local governance, help maintain security and faciliate development. IDLG with support from national and international organizations will take firm collective steps to help strenghten local adminstrations. In this context, IDLG has initiated four pillars of interventions for sub-national governance: 1) policy development; 2) Institutional building; 3) broader local governance – local governance programs; and 4) support regular functions.
A Bachelors degree in related field, such as Economic Development, Political Economy, Public Administration, Public Finance, or Public Policy. A Master Degree in related fields in desirable.
Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in economic development, rural rehabilitations, local economic growth and infrustructure, or other relevant functional areas.
- Working experience in rural development and infrastructure planning;
- Experience in conducting research, data collection and data analysis;
- Experience in economic and regional infrastructure development, and regulatory frameworks;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, with keen attention to interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- In-depth knowledge of local governance realities in Afghanistan.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to use computer programs/applications (MS. Word Excel Power Point).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, political work environment.
- Able to produce reports and other standard documents up to a professional standard.
- Fluency in written and spoken Dari or Pashto, and English.
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number or address. Please submit your applications by electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The HR Department will not entertain telephone inquiries.
Note: Please specify the vacancy number along with the title of the position or else your application will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.
The IDLG strongly encourages woman candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards woman candidates as follows:
(a) Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required educational qualifications will also be considered.
(b) If the difference in the written test and/or interview scores between the male and female highest scoring candidates is less than or up to 10 out of 100 total points (or a difference of up to 10%), the woman candidate will be offered the position (even where she scored the lesser points).
(c) If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a maharram for official travel, if/when required.
(d) The IDLG will promote a women-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
Independent Directorate of Local Governance
General Directorate of Local Governance
Ariana Square, Beside Italian Embassy, Kabul, Afghanistan