Position Title: Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
Activation Date: 10 Oct, 2019 Announced Date: 10 Oct, 2019 Expire Date: 23 Oct, 2019
About The Asia Foundation:
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) has implemented activities under its Strengthened Access to Justice for Women Affected by Violence through Proven Culturally Sensitive Approaches (SA2JWAV) project since June 2013 in 20 provinces. Based on the positive results of the project, the Foundation received a second grant from DFAT to conduct a second phase of SA2JWAV in eight more provinces, through the end of December 2021.
Programmatic design of the project is based on the Foundation’s extensive experience in collaborating with religious and/or traditional and local leaders and community members as agents for change, promoting women’s rights and combatting violence against women. The Foundation will also build the capacity of community driven supports (such as Community Dialogue Groups (CDGs) and Family Resolution Centers (FRCs) to improve VAW case management and referral mechanisms.
Purpose of Position
This is a full-time, grant-funded provincial M&E consultant position, based in targeted provinces. The provincial M&E consultant will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and evaluation of activities of the Implementing Partners (IPs) of (SA2JWAV) Phase 2 project.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of the SA2JWAV M&E databases, compilation of monthly, quarterly or semi – annual reporting, data entry of raw data in the respective provinces. S/he is also responsible for the implementation of the project M&E plan and related monitoring tools. Additionally, s/he will assist in conducting baseline and end-line surveys or any other assessment activity in the respected province.
Reports to: WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul and WEP Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that project outputs and outcomes are monitored regularly and findings are provided to the management team
- In collaboration with technical project staff and support from the WEP M&E Specialist (based in Kabul) assist in conducting baseline, end-line, FGDs or any other assessment that will provide information about project progress towards targets
- Ensure that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and recorded in databases on a daily basis
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to project activities sites and compile field visit reports for monitoring visits and submit to the WEP M&E Specialist
- With support from the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul, conduct reflection/discussion meetings with IP project staff and project beneficiaries on a quarterly basis to analyze implementation progress and trends to help the project management team to take corrective decisions if needed
- With support from the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul, facilitate learning training/workshops to build the capacity of project partners about monitoring and evaluation
- Compile monthly/quarterly and semi-annual reports for project indicators and submit to the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul
- Collect, verify and submit project M&E tools and supportive documents as project evidence and for audit observation purposes
- Coordinate IP’s data collection and consolidation
- Coordinate with respective IPs to ensure monthly and quarterly monitoring updates are received in a timely manner
- Assist the project management team to ensure project activities follow government rules and regulations
- When required, support the Project Team to coordinate and host field visits
- Coordinate project activities with other NGOs working in the area to ensure complementarity of programming
- Collect and record success stories from the field
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than October 23, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (http://www.acbar.org/upload/1459846582556.doc) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position and province applied for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.