Position Title: Sr. Project Assistant (Social Reintegration)
Activation Date: 03 Dec, 2019 Announced Date: 02 Dec, 2019 Expire Date: 16 Dec, 2019
IOM, with financial assistance of the European Union, developed the 5-years Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman and Nangarhar) with an integrated approach to the economic, social and psychosocial aspects of reintegration at the individual, community and structure levels. At the structural level, technical assistance supports national and sub-national Afghan government authorities to strengthen their capacity to plan, manage and facilitate reintegration.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of the RADA Project Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the effective implementation of all activities related to social reintegration under the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU/DEVCO funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) through the following responsibilities:
- Lead development of the social reintegration component of the RADA project and ensure implementation of social reintegration, access to basic services and referral activities including the coordination with implementing partners, establishment of (internal and external) referral mechanisms, facilitate strengthening social cohesion in targeted communities and monitoring of activities to ensure achievements of targets.
- Develop a social reintegration manual including detailed operational guidelines for field staff on how to establish community-based support systems and how to facilitate dialogue with duty bearers and service providers on access to basic social services (housing, documentation, social protection, justice and rights, education and health services).
- Coach, train, supervise and provide guidance to IOM and implementing partners’ field staff and community volunteers and make sure they understand social reintegration, develop a capacity building plan on social reintegration and coordinate its implementation.
- Provide technical support and oversight to field-based project assistants directly overseeing community teams through provision of ongoing support, on the job training and field monitoring of the activities to ensure quality standards met are in line with the relevant guidelines and project indicators.
- Contribute to reporting, including for visibility and communication purposes, on social reintegration activities, provide inputs for monthly reports as well as for any other relevant documents / publications.
- Contribute to the development of new community projects in coordination with relevant colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate integration of cross-cutting issues such as economic and psychosocial reintegration and protection in project assessments and implementation, in close coordination with relevant IOM units and other service providers.
- Undertake duty travel to (deep) field locations in-country when necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of social reintegration, social services and governance and of migration, reintegration and development policies and priorities and is able to cascade to other team members;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of standard office software for reporting purposes including Microsoft Word products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-2964
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contact form 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +93792107259
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.