Position Title: Senior Engineer
Activation Date: 26 Mar, 2020 Announced Date: 26 Mar, 2020 Expire Date: 04 Apr, 2020
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 9 north and north eastern provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed."
~~• Support provincial engineering teams in technical survey of different infrastructure projects.
• Supervise projects in coordination with government or local technical personnel and in collaboration with the district engineers.
• Reviews evaluate and make professional recommendations concerning engineering feasibility of plans developed.
• Ensures, with the assistance of project management, that environmental and sustainability issues are considered in the program design.
• Coordinate and provide technical support to engineering teams on implementation of different infrastructure projects.
• Prepare progress monthly report and reports as required.
• Participate in project planning discussions and give valuable inputs at various stages like survey,structural analysis,estimations and implementation.
• To solve technical problems related to the projects in province level.
• Estimation, designing and mapping of the projects requires changes.
• To manage projects joint monitoring with related sectorial department.
• To prepare monthly and half monthly meeting with contractors.
• To participate in companies interview and preparing of technical report
• Ensuring the project’s quality is according to design and technical specification.
• Preparing of an accurate and honest report from the monitored projects.
• In case of need, conducting of technical training for field engineers in ACTED bases.
• Participating in some essential and necessary technical meetings related to project and prepare draft notes of all meetings.
• Any other task that is given to him by his manager.
~~- Male Candidates with Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience in Design and structure of WASH program
- Familiarity with cultures of different Afghan communities
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Engineering Computer Programs
- Must be computer literate and familiar with basic computer software including MS Office and internet use
- Report writing skills
- Must be able to communicate well in Pashto, Dari and English is highly preferred
Please indicate the position title, (Senior Engineer & vacancy number Cap-011/260320) you are applying in subject of the email, Otherwise your application will not be considered.
Applications, in English, should include a resume, a cover letter and three references (No certificates attached), and be submitted no later than 04-Apr-2020 to the following address:
ACTED Kabul office,
Turabaz khan Square, Qudart Center, Shahr-e-Naw, Kabul– Afghanistan