SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS
· Lead on M&R aspects of the assigned project(s) at the provincial level and timely coordinate with the relevant MEL officer at Kabul level
· Prepare project reports in accordance to project(s) requirements and coordinate with Kabul MEL officers
· Collect project results data to feed into communication with project stakeholders
· Develop monitoring plan in consultation with MEL Officer in PQ Unit and conduct monitoring visits to the assigned project(s)
· Oversee overall M&R issues of assigned project(s) and ensure the M&R requirements set by PQ Unit are met at the provincial level
· Lead any assessments at provincial level with direct support of MEL supervisor
· Will be responsible to timely update Indicator Measurement plan (IMP)
· Represent M&R Unit at the provincial level
· Other tasks assigned by Provincial Manager in consultation with Monitoring, Evaluation and learning supervisor in PQ Unit, as needed
· Ensures coordination of M&R activities with CARE Provincial Manager, Project or Field Supervisor, MEL Supervisor and MEL officers at Kabul main office, and other relevant stakeholders
· Collaborate with project/program team at field level, and other departments concerning M&R affairs
· The senior M&R officer will technically report to program MEL supervisor and/or PQ department, however, in terms of administration and logistic including time management, PAR approval, goal setting, appraisal and other non-technical affairs will report to provincial manager
· S/he doesn’t presume responsibility for external communication in general.
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
Result one: Monitoring & Reporting (M&R) 30%:
Sr. M&R Officer ensure M&R system for the assigned project is operational and used to achieve the following results:
· The M&R system is used regularly in the field to collect data and information
· At Kabul main office, PQ Unit is provided with qualitative and quantitative data from the specific province
· M&R system that are in place at the field level are responsive to communicate with government and other stakeholders at provincial level
· M&R system is used to ensure project target for that specific province is on-track
· All assessments conducted under different projects at provincial level are well-managed and conducted at provincial level
· CARE Indicator Measurement Plan (IMP) are updated regularly and all projects’ achievements at provincial level are fairly reflected there
· Monitoring tracker are updated and shared with the relevant MEL officer
Data Management and reporting 20%:
Sr. M&R Officer is responsible for data management and reporting of the assigned project(s) at the provincial level and ensure achieving the following results;
Data collection tools are used to provide accurate and timely information on project indicators and other information needs
Analytical reports timely prepared to assist in decision making at the provincial level
Data on results of the project(s) collected regularly
The project results are reflected in publications at the provincial level
Project resulted are documented at the provincial level
Provide field monitoring visits on regular bases 30%:
The Sr. M&R Officer is responsible to conduct regular visits from project site in the designated province and ensure;
Project M&R requirements are will addressed by the project staff in the field
PQ Unit and Provincial/reporting line and concerned bodies are informed of critical issues that affect project implementation
Ensure proper M&R system is applied at the provincial level
Provide visit to other provinces where assigned by CARE for assessment, leading data collection and monitoring of activities.
Provide report of monitoring visit and track implementation of finding
Supervise M&R Officer at the provincial office
Technical reporting to PQ and operation reporting with provincial manager
Provide required support to M&R Officer when needed
Manage M&R Officer performance appraisal and goal setting
Ensure proper task division and planning
Teamwork and coordination:
Concerned functions at the provincial level provided with required data and information on project progress/results
Regular analysis of project progress conducted to help Provincial Manager and MEL supervisor to communicate with concerned stakeholders
Assist in M&R related events with other projects and initiatives
· As representative of PQ unit at the provincial level extend cooperation and coordination with all program and support functions.
COMPETENCE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Core Competencies: Knowledge and experience of data analyse, monitoring & evaluation, and report writing
Education: Bachelor degree in in social science, economics, statistics, business administration, computer science…etc.)
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years work experience in monitoring, data management, MIS or other relevant fields.
Languages Skills: Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu
CARE invites applications from Qualified Afghan Male& Female candidates for its Khost Sub Office based position of Senior Monitoring& Reporting Officer for its Program Quality Department , Those with Internet access can email their completed CARE Standard Job Application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with their update CVs and a letter of interest to email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit their completed CARE standard job application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with the updated resumes and letters of interest to CARE HRD department in its Kabul Main-Office or Khost Sub Office no later than June 02 , 2020, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
You are requested to send your application form along with the updated resume and letters of interest in Word or PDF file. Please do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
· APPLYING WITHOUT CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM OR NOT FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM PROPERLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT-LISTING,
· PEOPLE WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
· CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE ON http://www.acbar.org/applicationform.
· CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY LINK: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy