Position Title: Knowledge Management and Support Senior Officer, Education
Activation Date: 29 Jul, 2020 Announced Date: 29 Jul, 2020 Expire Date: 11 Aug, 2020
About Aga Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
At present, it is seeking exceptional individuals to fill the national position of Knowledge Management and support senior officer, Education at its Kabul Office.
The Knowledge Management and Support Senior Officer, Education is a member of the Education Program Team and will report to the National Coordinator, Education (KM&S). Knowledge Management and Support Senior Officer, Education will work closely with the National / Regional Education Program Teams and Implementing Partners. Knowledge Management and Support Officer, Education will be responsible for organizing and improving project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems and coordinating with the National Project Coordinator, Implementing Partners, and National / Regional Education Program Teams to ensure a rigorous and comprehensive M&E framework is in place which meets the requirements and needs of the project. Knowledge Management and Support Senior Officer, Education will be mainly responsible for data management of the projects, including (not limiting to) supervision of data collection, data cleaning and data verification, data analysis and reporting of data. He/she will be also responsible for monitoring of the projects against the project targets based on the progress indicators.
The scope of work includes:
- Improvement of data management system both at regional and national level that is responsive to data need for each project.
- In close collaboration with the Education Team, develop systems and tools to review and strengthen the quality of data collection and analysis for different Education projects.
- Support the M&E team with data cleaning, generating donor reports, and providing recommendations to improve data collection tools.
- Support analysis, validation and verification of project data.
- Monitor the progress of project activities as per targets and milestones.
- Assist National Coordinator, Education (KM&S) with developing research and evaluation frameworks and creation of knowledge and learning materials.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support National and Regional Education Program Teams with collecting M&E data in accordance to project requirements in timely manner;
- Ensure the accuracy and validity of data provided by Regional Education Program Teams, including data cleaning and providing feedback;
- Support the development of quality M&E reports, as per donor/MoE requirements, based on data received from the Regions;
- Ensure that the data management provide accurate and quality information for monitoring activities.
- Support the National Coordinator (KM&S) with developing M&E tools, approaches, and systems to enhance learning and capture lessons from the project;
- Share research studies, reports, and lessons learned with relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in and support the M&E team during M&E capacity building trainnings for staff / enumerators / interviewers;
- Track and update project Logical Frameworks and ensure they are aligned with project M&E frameworks, indicators and requirements;
- Support National Coordinator (KM&S) with conducting baseline / midline / end line evaluation, and lesson learned studies;
- Maintain comprehensive records of M&E reports, tools, plans, and assessments produced and submitted to internal and external stakeholders;
- Conduct field visit travels to support regional team with data management and monitoring of the projects.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the National Project Coordinator and National Coordinator (KM&S); and
- Carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF (Afg)’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the AKF (Afg) Child Safeguarding Policy and advocates for the rights of children.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out additional duties to support the efficient operations and management of the Education Program.
Interested applicants should submit their application along with the cover letter to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th August 2020.
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
- No supporting documents (e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary- scale: Grade D NTA salary scale.
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with (AKDN)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.