Position Title: Head of Finance
Activation Date: 18 Oct, 2020 Announced Date: 08 Oct, 2020 Expire Date: 04 Nov, 2020
About Tech For Afghanistan:
Teach for Afghanistan organization (TAO) is a nonprofit organization with stated mission to improve quality education by empowering young men and women talents to become transformational change makers in the classroom, school and community.
Teach For Afghanistan has offices in Kabul, Parwan and Nangarhar provinces. Since 2016 we have recruited 340 highly qualified university graduates into our fellowship program. We have impacted over 60,000 children over 75% of which are girls in across 10 districts of Nangarhar and Parwan province disadvantaged schools.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Finance with strong skills to drive our organization’s finance operations and improve finance performance.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills.
Head of Finance is a member of the senior management team who reports to CEO and manages all aspects of organizations financial health and long-term growth. He/She must provide overall management of Finance of Teach for Afghanistan Organization in all three provinces which TAO is active. The noteworthy Head of Finance should harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities and ensure operations compliance with Donors and Government policies and procedures.
Budget & Financial Strategy Responsibilities (40%)
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the TAO CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Create and develop policies and procedures for usage of office admin materials, and making TAO asset tracking sheet and database (including Registration book, items purchase sheets, stored, used and renewable tools and items).
- Computerize the accounting system of the organization and be proficient with applicable software such as Quickbooks.
- Forecast Administration requirements for 3-5 years of operations and program expansion.
- On time creation and provision of financial materials (Board & funder presentations, budget, marketing materials, letters, long term plans, fundraising proposals, concept notes, and other required documents for donor meetings, conferences, and Board meetings).
- Support CEO in establishing & cultivating relationships with TAO current champions, new potential funders and identify new champions for TAO.
Accounting & Compliance Responsibilities (50%)
- Ensure successful implementation of Administration and Procurement policies, procedures.
- Manage day-to-day finance works. Ensure correctness and completeness of all payments in terms of approvals, adequacy of documentation and budget availability.
- Ensure secure Cash receiving and channeling to TAO official account/s.
- Ensure on time cash transfers from TAO champions.
- Pay Employees salaries, and program expenses.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Checking and monitoring internal TAO documentations and overall purchases bills and other expenses.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Maintain regular bank reconciliation to ensure that the organization's records (check register, general ledger account, balance sheet, etc.) are correct and that the bank's records are also correct.
- Provide overall management and control of Finance & Administration of Teach for Afghanistan.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and establish an Internal Audit check system of all departments’ financial related documents.
- Organize a comprehensive training program to train employees regarding financial policies and procedures.
Administrative Responsibilities (10%)
- Purchase administrative needs (furniture, storage, technology, and etc.
- Create a chain of supply and supply system with vendors for office equipment and office tools
- Hiring, purchasing and equipping offices with technology (computers, (desktop and laptop) internet phone, copiers, printer (black and white, color) and Stationary.
- Sorting out the post, answering the phones, ordering office stationery supplies, greeting clients, managing diaries, daily calendar’s and filling system of TAO
- Purchasing/Rent vehicles and arranging transportation system for staff and employees
- Liaise with the ministry of interior affairs, and security officials on strengthening the security of our staff and fellows.
- Any other activity/Responsibility given by CEO
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than (04/11/2020) to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate “Head of Finance” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be informed.