The incumbent shall perform under the direct supervision of Managing Director and work
in close collaboration with Program Department. His/her specific responsibilities are as
- Lead and supervise all administrative, technical, and operational activities of a fully functioning Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Design and implement strategies, policies, tools, and systems for Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Search and identify potential donors, acquire relevant solicitations, and assess the requirements in consultation with the Project Management Unit (PMU) Members.
- Participate in pre-award meetings/conferences on behalf of GAALO.
- Develop project concept notes and/or technical and cost proposals in response to the solicitations in consultation and coordination with the PMU Members, Program Department, Finance Department, etc.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings with donors, prepare implementation strategies, mobilize the required resources, and deliver milestones in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the teams and monitor overall activities to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the terms of the contracts/donor requirements.
- Prepare progress reports, annual reports, activity reports, project completion reports, and any other types of reports when needed.
- Monitor project expenditures to ensure activities are in line with approved project budgets.
- Coordinate activities with different departments at GAALO to ensure smooth implementation of projects.
- Closely monitor projects activities and report any discrepancies to the senior management, donors, and any other relevant authorities.
- Maintain relationships with donors and partners.
- Carry out various research studies on key business issues, management the collection of data from the field, analyze the data, and prepare final reports.
- Perform any other duties delegated by the supervisor/senior staff.
IV. Abilities and Skills
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Build relationships with donors/clients and other external actors.
- Promote teamwork and in-depth understanding of donor requirements.
- Strategic thinker and the ability to generate creative ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and Pashto/Dari.
V. Required Qualifications
- University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science, or related field.
- Master degree in the relevant field or PMP certification is a preference.
Previous Work Experience:
- 10 years’ progressive experience in proposal writing, project management, donor relations, and research.