Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Activation Date: 23 Feb, 2021 Announced Date: 23 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 07 Mar, 2021
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
The Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve health outcomes of people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access and quality of health services. UHI is a consortium of dynamic organizations; the program is implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
COMPETENCE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to listen well, accurately communicate ideas, and to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a range of individuals and groups
- Work enthusiastically and with patient
- Culturally flexibility and respect multi-cultural environment
Skills and Experience:
- Deep knowledge of the community base health services
- Excellent training and facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Having a deep knowledge of Afghan traditions and cultural norms
- Ability and willingness to work at the communities
- Excellent spoken /written Dari, Pushto and English
- More than three years’ relevant experience on Afghanistan health system specially at community base health care
- Ability to review and monitor activity and record outcomes and learning
- Computer skill (Microsoft office) is required
Education and working experience
- Degree in medicine, midwifery, nursing or public health from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working with community specially on community base health care and social behavior change
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
CARE invites applications from Qualified Afghan Male/Female candidates for its Balkh Sub Office based position of Community Engagement Specialist for its HERP/Urban Health Initiative Project
Interested candidates should submit their completed CARE standard job application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with the updated resumes and letters of interest to CARE HRD department in its Kabul Main-Office or Balkh Sub Office no later than March 07, 2021, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to email@example.com mentioning the exact job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
You are requested to send your application form along with the updated resume and letters of interest in Word or PDF file. Please do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
APPLYING WITHOUT CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM OR NOT FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM PROPERLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT-LISTING,
PEOPLE WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE ON http://www.acbar.org/applicationform.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY LINK: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy