Position Title: Finance Officer
Activation Date: 23 Feb, 2021 Announced Date: 23 Feb, 2021 Expire Date: 02 Mar, 2021
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
Finance Officer will be responsible for effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources and under direct supervision of Finance Manager He or She will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Manage the day to day implementation of the project activities ensuring optimal management and utilization of human and financial resources of the project
- Analyze financial data by coding on all vouchers for valid account/cost center/donor along with supporting documents on daily bases for completeness and correctness; advise the appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Review procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
- Reconcile staff salary payments with HR prior to final review and processing
- Verify monthly payroll records that will comply both with the WC-UK Financial Manual and the monthly tax reporting requirements to the local government; facilitate HR in tax reporting to the local government.
- Preparing if monthly and annual tax reports and following with MTO.
- Bi-weekly review and upload of journals to financial system
- Conduct weekly/Monthly cash count with the Finance Assistant.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Prepare the allocation journal entries (clearing of pool accounts)
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts: prepayments, Accruals, Staff Salary advances. Maintaining a balance sheet database that clearly explains balances on respective accounts.
- Review of partner reports and prepare summary of review on any of the findings identified to be communicated to the partner in time. Provide feedback to Finance and Program Manager on any findings/identified disallowance
- Preparation and posting of Journal Entries for upload of partner reports to the accounting system
- Review and reconciliation of partner funds request prior to processing and ensure forecasting is done timely.
- Assisting Finance Manager in submission of monthly Financial Report to HQ.
- Training and supervising the Finance Assistant on Asset tracking and reconciliation
- Check the available grant budgets before releasing any funds for purchase requests and to the partners’ fund request.
- Conduct spot checks and trainings with Finance and program team
- In coordination with FM, representing Finance department on procurement committees.
- Support the Finance Manager during Internal and External Audits.
- Preparing and updating of asset and stock registers and reconciling them with the books.
- Assisting in administration related tasks.
- Any other related duties as assigned by his/her War Child-UK.