Position Title: DMAC/ITF Communications Officer
Activation Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Announced Date: 30 Mar, 2021 Expire Date: 13 Apr, 2021
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
ITF Enhancing Human Security is a humanitarian, non-profit organization devoted to elimination of threat from post-conflict and disruptive challenges, including landmines, explosive remnants of war (ERW) and illicit ownership and use of small arms and light weapons (SALW), in South-East Europe and other affected regions in the world.
ITF commenced its operations in Afghanistan since mid-2014 and is operating in partnership with the Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA).
About Communication Officer:
The Communication Officer will be hired by DMAC under ITF Enhancing Human Security contract modality. The Communication Officer will report to Head of External Relations Department and will deal with day-to-day activities of DMAC related to external relations department and will regularly update the DMAC website and social media pages with fresh contents and news.
The Communication Officer will work under the supervision of the Head of External Relations Department.
Some of the responsibilities of Communication Officer Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support for the overall government outreach to MAPA stakeholders, including planning and organization of national and international conferences and events to raise awareness.
- Develop monthly newsletters, fast facts and other media related documents.
- Work as part of the communication team and develop/draft success stories.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Design and develop posters, banners, invitation letters, certificates and flyers
- Assist in circulation of documents to MAPA stakeholders
- Act as DMAC/ITF focal point to call meetings at different levels
- Follow up on meetings through facilitations and taking minutes
- Act as DMAC/ITF focal point for mass media, by providing them with relevant data and facilitate press conferences/ media interviews for DMAC director and other concerned DMAC/ITF staff
- Ensure the DMAC website and social media pages are updated regularly
- Drafting of various media materials i.e., press release, and regular progress information
- Maintain close relationship with mass media
- Managing office documentations and records
- Regularly update & upload the website with recent information.
- Modify the web page design regularly by adding latest graphic designs, animation and functionality.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Note: while sending your CV & cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject list; application received after the closing date and without subject list will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should submit their applications in writing to the following email addresses: