Position Title: Agriculture Master Trainer
Activation Date: 08 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 25 Apr, 2021
About Afghan Community and Health Rehabilitation Organization (ACHRO) :
Afghan Community and Health Rehabilitation Organization (ACHRO) is non-political, non for profit, non- governmental organization registered on April, 08, 2010 under registration # 1658 with the Ministry of Economy of GIRoA. ACHRO has also been registered or recognized as partner with more than 40 national and International organizations. ACHRO is active member of (ACBAR) and ANCB. ACHRO is directly and indirectly working with five line ministries with the government of Afghanistan including Ministry of education. The internal legitimacy of the organization constitutes as follows
The incumbent works with the Project Manager. He/she provides advice and technical support, develop training material for assisting ACHRO people of concern toward greenhouse agriculture management. The job requires direct contact with the target population and other stakeholder in assessing and addressing needs considering the aspects of age, gender and diversity mainstreaming.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate and career-minded horticulturist and master trainer to join our team as an Agriculture Master Trainer. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) knowledge of propagation, knowledge of and or experience with indoor houseplants, knowledge of and or experience with outdoor plants (annuals and perennials), pesticide application/management, training of knowledge base with team members, and monitoring the overall culture of plants (assist with weekly ordering of live goods and associated products, watering schedules, unloading of plant deliveries, proper pricing and plant location). Team member must display an ability to multi-task, show a willingness to handle all requests or guest service issues promptly and professionally. Have the ability to train other trainers and perform training as and when needed. Develop training manual and training resources.
Agriculture Specialist activities:
- Master Trainer should assist in Training Needs Assessment (TNA), to exactly find out the skills gaps and encapsulate the skills required by each employee;
- Ensure quality and better learning outcome in greenhouses through regular field visits, technical follow ups and evaluations.
- Collecting data on the trainings and impacts of the training in the targeted area.
- Master Trainer will work closely with greenhouse service provider to development training materials based on needs assessment reports;
- Trainer will assist in Competency Based Training (CBT) design and delivery based on validated demand assessment ; and prepare learning materials, homework assignments, handouts and case studies;
- Trainer will deliver skills development trainings based on adult learning principles;
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions;
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction;
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to training
Bachelor degree from an accredited university in related field, Extensive communication experience to undergraduate level or equivalent:
- Excellent command on local languages plus English;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Good in teaching delivery methods and familiarity
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- demonstrate sound work ethics
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to HR firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line otherwise your application will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidate who meets the requirement will be shortlisted.