Position Title: Agriculture Specialist
Activation Date: 08 Apr, 2021 Announced Date: 08 Apr, 2021 Expire Date: 17 Apr, 2021
About Afghan Community and Health Rehabilitation Organization (ACHRO):
Afghan Community and Health Rehabilitation Organization (ACHRO) is non-political, non for profit, non- governmental organization registered on April, 08, 2010 under registration # 1658 with the Ministry of Economy of GIRoA. ACHRO has also been registered or recognized as partner with more than 40 national and International organizations. ACHRO is active member of (ACBAR) and ANCB. ACHRO is directly and indirectly working with five line ministries with the government of Afghanistan including Ministry of education. The internal legitimacy of the organization constitutes as follows.
The incumbent works with the Project Manager. He/she provides advice and technical support for assisting ACHRO people of concern. The job requires direct contact with the target population and other stakeholder in assessing and addressing needs considering the aspects of age, gender and diversity mainstreaming.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate and career-minded horticulturist to join our team as a Greenhouse Specialist. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) knowledge of propagation, knowledge of and or experience with indoor houseplants, knowledge of and or experience with outdoor plants (annuals and perennials), pesticide application/management, training of knowledge base with team members, and monitoring the overall culture of plants (assist with weekly ordering of live goods and associated products, watering schedules, unloading of plant deliveries, proper pricing and plant location). Team member must display an ability to multi-task, show a willingness to handle all requests or guest service issues promptly and professionally.
Agriculture Specialist activities:
- Working outdoors in a greenhouse like atmosphere handling physical, repetitive agricultural work, follow directions and take instructions from supervisors.
- Design and implement field experiments.
- Collect soil chemical and physical properties.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and technicians on providing food science recommendations.
- Collaborate with in-house personnel on many projects.
- Work independently for methodological portions of the role.
- Have a broad scope of knowledge that includes crop and soil science, meteorology, crop physiology, and related fields like predictive modeling.
- Assess existing situation of agricultural greenhouse in target areas.
- Assess existing capacities and limitations of the greenhouse agriculture service providers.
- Perform any other duties assign by the management.
Bachelor degree from an accredited university in related field, Extensive communication experience to undergraduate level or equivalent:
- Excellent command on local languages plus English;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Good in teaching delivery methods and familiarity
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- demonstrate sound work ethics
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to HR email@example.com, please mention vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line otherwise your application will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidate who meets the requirement will be shortlisted.