INFOCOORD is ACBAR's combined information and Coordination unit that work together to publish and disseminate the regular updated ACBAR Directory of Organizations (Directory of Addresses)
The Information section researches, produces and disseminates information of topical interest and importance to the humanitarian community.
- Advice and guidance to NGOs planning to work in Afghanistan (Guidelines on Security).
- Assistance with Registration procedures with the Government to allow NGOs to work in Afghanistan.
- Assistance with visas and problem solving in relation to international staff who need to work in Afghanistan.
- Provision of letters of recommendation where appropriate to enable clearance of goods coming in to the country.
- Researched response to Members' inquiries.
The Coordination section ensures that Members receive advance notice of scheduled meetings and facilitates these by the provision of rooms, refreshments and the secretariat. It coordinates communications and provides a local messenger and post-box service and pouch delivery for Members' mails to and from the Regions.
- Provision of a Secretariat for weekly and monthly sectoral and other meetings.
- Coordination of communications between NGOs and military, government and other humanitarian actors.
- Coordination of meetings of topical invitation of Speakers.
- A local messenger and post-box service plus pouches for delivery of mails to the region.