Project ID: P143841
Project Name: National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP)
April 20, 2019
IFB: Invitation for Bid
IFB Reference No
MAIL/ARTF/NHLP/ICB – LC-NC-2019-78
Procurement Plan Reference No
Description of Procurement
EXECUTION OF 20 COMMERCIAL FISH FARMS AND ONE HATCHERY IN KUNDOZ PROVINCE
Procurement Type (works/goods/ services)
Procurement Method (ICB, NCB, etc…)
Pre Bid Meeting Date
Date: May 25, 2019
Time 10:00 AM Kabul Local Time
Deadline for Submission of Bid
Date: June 08, 2019
Time 10:00 AM Kabul Local Time
Pre-Bid Meeting and Opening Address
Ever Green Building Third Floor NHLP Meeting Hall, National Horticulture and Livestock Project, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mina, Karti Sakhi, Kabul - Afghanistan
Donor (if any)
Re-Bid Case (Yes/No)
Procuring Entity (Ministries, etc…)
National Horticulture and Livestock Project of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
Request for Bids
Employer: [Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock]
Project: [National Horticulture and Livestock Project]
Contract title: EXECUTION OF 20 COMMERCIAL FISH FARMS AND ONE HATCHERY IN KUNDOZ PROVINCE
Country: [Islamic Republic of Afghanistan]
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: [Grant No: TF- 013820/ Project ID: P143841]
RFB No: [MAIL/ARTF/NHLP/ICB - LC-NC-2019-78]
Issued on: [April 20, 2019]
1. The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation & Livestock (MAIL has received a grant from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) toward the cost of the [National Horticulture and Livestock Project], and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for [EXECUTION OF 20 COMMERCIAL FISH FARMS AND ONE HATCHERY IN KUNDOZ PROVINCE]. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.”]
2. The [National Horticulture and Livestock Project] now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for [EXECUTION OF 20 COMMERCIAL FISH FARMS AND ONE HATCHERY IN KUNDOZ PROVINCE.].
3. The contract implementation period is: Eighteen (18) months, 14 days later from date of signing of contract.
4. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers -” [insert date of applicable Procurement Regulations edition as per legal agreement] (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders (or only to prequalified Bidders as the case may be) as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Mr. Mohammaduallah “Sahil” procurement director of MAIL, or Mr. Ziauddin Zia Head of Goods and Non-Consultancy Department of MAI, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation & Livestock, Phone: +93 (0) 202922450, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00 AM to 03:00 PM from Saturday to Wednesday.
5. The bidding document in [English] may be obtained free of charge by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below [state address at the end of this RFB] on or before [Date: June 08, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM Kabul local time]. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below [state address at the end of this RFB] on [Date: June 08, 2019, Time: 10:00 AM Kabul local time]
7. All Bids must be accompanied by: submission of Bid Declaration in the format of bid declaration form, which is reflected in Section IV- Bidding Forms
8. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Procurement Directorate of MAIL
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
Jamal Mina, Kabul University Main Road
Kabul - Afghanistan
Telephone: +93 (0) 202922450
 Substitute “contracts” where Bids are called concurrently for multiple contracts. Add a new para. 3 and renumber paras 3 - 8 as follows: “Bidders may Bid for one or several contracts, as further defined in the Bidding Document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.”
 Insert if applicable: “This contract will be jointly financed by [insert name of co-financing agency]. Bidding process will be governed by the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.”
 A brief description of the type(s) of Non-Consulting Services should be provided, including quantities, location, delivery period, and other information necessary to enable potential Bidders to decide whether or not to respond to the Request for Bids. Bidding Document may require Bidders to have specific experience or capabilities; such qualification requirements should also be included in this paragraph.
 The delivery procedure is usually airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for local delivery. If urgency or security dictates, courier services may be required for overseas delivery. With the agreement of the World Bank, documents may be distributed by e-mail, downloading from authorized web site(s) or electronic procurement system.
 Substitute the address for Bid submission if it is different from address for inquiry and issuance of Bidding Document.
Closing Date: 08-06-2019