Position Title: Protection Monitoring and Case Management Worker
Activation Date: 23 September, 2021 Announced Date: 23 September, 2021 Expire Date: 06 October, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Assistant in Kabul and overall supervision of the Protection Officer and Head of Sub-Office, the Protection Monitoring and Case Management Worker will be responsible for:
- Undertake field monitoring missions and collect protection information on a regular basis though facilitation of surveys, interviews, and focus group discussions with undocumented migrants.
- Contribute to drafting and updating of regular protection reports including utilizing digital data collection systems.
- Maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community dynamics and displacement/migration trends in the communities monitored including of the surrounding host community.
- During protection monitoring activities, identify protection needs/risks affecting individuals, households, and groups, and conduct internal and external referrals to appropriate service providers according to needs, including cash for protection.
Protection Case Management:
- Act as single focal point for the province in the provision of case management for Persons with Specific Needs (PSNs) and to coordinate individual assistance with staff and partners from the border crossing point with Iran, in IOM transit center and until the return in the destination areas
- To provide holistic case management including comprehensive needs assessments, provision of in-kind assistance and referrals to protection and reintegration actors for highly vulnerable returnees including females at risk, medical cases, and other vulnerable case
- Support the coordination of family tracing, reunification and verification for beneficiaries, particularly unaccompanied migrant children and vulnerable females and medical cases through Child Protection Action Network, Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, AIHRC and other relevant protection actors. Collaborate with CBRR and Protection staff in Kabul, the 4 major border crossings and in the 11 provinces of high return
Planning and reporting:
- Lead scheduling of, and participation in, monitoring missions, in collaboration with the Protection Assistant and Protection Officer
- Provide weekly and monthly data and completion of case management notes and reports, including case studies and other reports
- Plan and carry out distributions in accordance with IOM’s procedures, liaise with procurement and logistics departments for provision of support to beneficiaries at the central level, and as the focal point for the provinces
Coordination and representation:
- Represent IOM in protection coordination meetings, including the Protection Cluster, GBV Sub-Cluster, Child Protection in Emergencies Sub-Cluster, PSN Network, Child Protection Action Network and other provincial or regional meetings
- Identify potential partnership to support the protection focal points in implement protection strategies and programs like psychosocial support, peer support, alternatives to institutional care for separated children.
- Liaise with other agencies/NGOs/government bodies and UN agencies to ensure coordination, implementation of common standards in the field and consideration of protection issues in assistance program.
- In coordination with other relevant actors, advocate for humanitarian access and advocate with government to assist any urgent protection needs
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability
- Basic information on the migration issues within Afghanistan and the reasons why people migrate.
- Basic Knowledge of what IOM is doing in Afghanistan for migration and specifically for the undocumented Afghan returnees.
- Experience in Case Management and Protection Monitoring
- Sufficient Knowledge on child protection and Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Knowledge of using data collection through KOBO
University Degree in any of the following fields: Social Science, Law, Psychology and Human Rights.
1 year of working experience in Government or non-government organizations in relevant field or completion of secondary school/ diploma with 3 years relevant working experience.
- Fluency English
- Fluency in Dari
- Fluency Pashto
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 06 Oct 2021 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-6378
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482