Position Title: CBHC Officer
Activation Date: 07 Dec, 2017 Announced Date: 07 Dec, 2017 Expire Date: 16 Dec, 2017
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale International is a French Non-Governmental Organization, non-profit, apolitical and non-religious. Its entire staff is mobilized daily to cover the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PU-AMI is based in 18 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, rehabilitation of infrastructure, water and sanitation and economic recovery. In Afghanistan, PU-AMI teams work mainly in the implementation of Health Services to the population of Kunar and Nangarhar Provinces through the BPHS, ECHO, CHF and ERM projects and other health and protection related activities.
The employee shall respect PU-AMI schedule and regulations, as described in the employment contract and in Internal Regulations.
Work under the responsibility of:- Deputy Technical PM
In direct cooperation with: Medical staff and Admin/HR/Log department , Technical department
Supervise : CHW Trainer
Community Health Supervisor (CHS) level and HF level
- Organization of the recruitment and training of CBHC trainers and CHSs
- Managing plan for CBHC trainers.
- Management of CHSs team in collaboration with director of HF: objectives’ definition, work plan
- Supervision and Follow up of CHSs work: on-job training, check the CHSs activities through the clinics, continuous training of CHSs team on supervision and medical topics
- Implementation of tools for CHS activities (supervision, reporting system) developed at national level (MoPH, PU AMI)
- Monitoring and capacity building of male and female staff in HF regarding CHWs debriefing day
- Monitoring of available tools at HF level related to CHW program
Community Health Worker (CHW) level
- Organization of the recruitment and training of CHWs, identification of CHW training needs
- Assessment of the CHW activities based on supervision check-list (data entry and analyze), on organization of monthly debriefing day in Health Facility (HF) and direct observation in the field
- Overview of the up-dating of CHW list
- Monitoring of available tools and implementation of new tools for CHW activities (health education, reporting system) developed at national level (MoPH, PU AMI)
Provincial and national level
- Submission of all reports requested by the, Technical Deputy Project Manager and national CBHC Manager
- Attendance to all meetings of coordination upon request of Technical Project Manager and project Manager (PHCC ,Director meeting and other Provincial and national level Coordination meetings )
- Follow up of community program with HMIS report
- Participating the Quarterly Evaluation in all health facilities and evaluate all section in clinics based on checklist developed by PU AMI.
- Develop M&E plans for CBHC activities after each HFQE.
- Participate in national coordination meeting and present CBHC program
- Develop new action plan in coordination with technical team in main office based on M&E plan
Promotion of the linkages between Health services and community
- Support the collaboration between the health facility and the community within the follow up of Local Health Committees (Shura-e-Sehie) at the level of CHW program and in health facilities
- Graduated from medical faculty (MD) or medical back ground with 3 years experience in CBHC program
- Strong management skill
- Strong communication skill
- Experience in community mobilization, empowerment of the community and managerial experience will be preferable
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (spoken and written )
Please note, while sending your C.V & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject list, application received after the closing date and without subject list will not be taken in consideration. Local applicants from the same province are encourage to apply and will be given priority.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Hard copies of C.V can be submitted to below PU-AMI offices:
PU-AMI Kabul office: House No. 278,Road 3, street 8, District 10, Shahr-e-Now- close to ACBAR office-Kabul, Afghanistan
PU-AMI Kunar : Asad Abad office, Near to Marif Ryasta Haji Taj Mohammad House
PU-AMI Jalalabad: Regi Shahmard Khan, Sayed Kaykhan Shops Street # 1 House # 4
Note: Only short listed candidate will be contacted