Position Title: Protection Officer
Activation Date: 14 Feb, 2018 Announced Date: 13 Feb, 2018 Expire Date: 24 Feb, 2018
About Solidarites International:
Solidarités International (SI) NGO is a non-profit organisation, implementing Water and Sanitation, Food Security and Emergency response programmes toward the most vulnerable people in Afghanistan for the past 35 years.
In the framework of the “Provision of multi-sector assistance (WaSH, Shelter and Protection) to the vulnerable population of Kunduz Province” project the protection officer will is responsible for implementing the protection component.
From the assessment done for the project in the targeted area of Kunduz province, it was found that there are more than 2 % of the IDP families have children who need protection assistance like psycho social support, nutrition supplement health care and so on. This has happened due to sudden displacement to new area and security situation around the families. So children are subject to sexual violence, physical violence, abuse, neglect, child labour etc., Also the community is not aware of how to identify these cases and refer them to appropriate organisation for assistance for development of healthy adults from these children. Hence under this project it is planned to sensitise the community about Child protection issues, create child friendly space, and refer children for health and psychosocial assistance or any other protection assistance. For taking up Child protection activities related to this project this position of Protection officer is acquired.
- Implementation and operational monitoring Child protection activities
- Prepare action plan for taking up child protection activities under the project with time frame
- Develop training materials, manual for conduct of training on child protection to community leaders, government department officials, opinion leaders and other stalk holders
- Prepare visual training kits such as leaflet, posters and flash cards for community awareness meeting
- Organise community awareness on child protection in different locations of Khost province
- In consultation with the communities and the government agencies identify and establish child friendly spaces
- Map the players of child protection in the area and prepare the Child protection directory
- Identify children needing psycho social support and refer them for appropriate agency or organisation
- Assess and find out the children in the community who need protection assistance and prepare the case management sheet. Refer them to Child protection agencies or any other appropriate organisation. Follow it up with the case management document.
- Conduct monitoring assessment to know the effect and impact of the project activities related to Child protection
- Co-ordinate actions with other players in the field
- Work in co-operation and co-ordination with other protection officers of the area
- Write the capitalization documents referring to activities implemented in accordance with SI ‘s project capitalisation tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters if needed
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
Human Resources Management
- Participate in validating recruitment for the national technical staff for protection in other projects
- Welcome and brief new employees of the project about the purpose and activities of child protection
- Identify team training needs related to operational requirements and implement trainings
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members
- Make sure that the project team in the field follows the safety rules
Reporting / communication / Representation
- Share with the Security Focal Point and Base Manager any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Write and send reports and annexes concerning program part with details for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies under the supervision of the Base Manager or field co-ordinator
- Representation in the meetings or forums concerning the program in his place of employment
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation or in working committees and Child protection sub cluster
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs related to projects
- Assist in writing the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
To apply, please submit: a two page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above before 24 Feb 2018. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to email@example.com
Submissions can also be done by hand in ACTED Office, House# 287, Next to Sare Daura park, Karte Ariana, District # 5, Kunduz City.
If you have not heard from SI within a month you should presume you were not short listed for this post. However, SI thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
We are unable to accept phone calls.
Women and people with disabilities and from minority groups are encouraged to apply.