Position Title: Nutirition Nurse ( For Female Only )
Activation Date: 19 September, 2023 Announced Date: 19 September, 2023 Expire Date: 29 September, 2023
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
The WVI-FCDO (DAWAM) project seeks to contribute to decreased morbidity and mortality in women and girls including PLWD in three provinces of Afghanistan. DAWAM will affect medium term change in communities in marginalized and hard to reach areas by providing equitable, inclusive and safe access to health and nutrition services for high-risk groups. This will encompass providing lifesaving health and nutrition services for populations not covered by BPHS, engaging diverse actors to deliver integrated malnutrition treatment in communities and health facilities; gender and disability inclusive WASH facilities in health centres; and access to wash services for marginalised and hard-to-reach-communities.
This is a full-time, grant-funded Nutrition Nurse position who do the sreening of all children under 5 and lactating and pregnant women, implement the IMAM guideline based on the nature of work and develop nutrition education session schedule and follow up SAM and MAM cases as well as the malnourished PLWs.
- Screening of all children under 5 and lactating and pregnant women.
- Provide IYCF psychosocial counselling to affect PLWs.
- Conduct health education session on physical conditions that can resemble depressive disorder
- Provide psychosocial support to malnourished women, and women with malnourished children or any other physical, mental, neurological and substance use (MNS) though running self-help groups, teaching stress management) with consideration of the CoVID-19 circumstances.
- Ensure the adapted breastfeeding counselling is functional on a sustainable manner.
- Attend to the project respective training and replicate the training to the CHWs, Family Health action groups with consideration of the CoVID-19 circumstances.
- Follow the recent updated MoPH/nutrition cluster guidelines on adapted nutrition intervention under the CoVID-19 circumstances.
- Make a comprehensive registration system for nutrition unit (OPD SAM).
- To accurately measure and record MUAC, weights, heights, and lengths of the beneficiaries according to the nutrition criteria.
- Prepare nutrition counselling to client as per Nutrition cluster/ MoPH nutrition guideline or policy.
- Calculate RUTF/RUSF and other medical supplies (Vitamin A, Mebenedazole, Ferfolic, etc.) to malnourished children and give on weekly basis and biweekly distribution of nutrition supplies to SAM and monthly to MAM cases.
- Follow up of malnourished children if they do not center through CHW.
- Filling the IMAM report template on monthly basis and report to World Vision
- Filing information on MNS awareness raising or psychosocial support sessions
- Submit relevant forms at the end of each day and restock field supplies as necessary.
- Fully implement the IMAM guideline based on the nature of work.
- Check the stock make consumption report and request for new supplies.
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and report any problems or needs
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (FCDO DAWAM Project) interventions.
Knowledge & Qualification for This Role
Required Professional Experience
- At least one year working in the nutrition program using CMAM/IMAM approach.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Graduated from nursing or midwifery program.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to work with malnutrition case
- Ability to do the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto)
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position is based in the respective targeted provinces
Healthy / Normal
Knowledge of Dari language is essential and Pashto Language is preferred.
The application closing date is 29-Sep-2023. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by emailing: email@example.com
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1565) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
.را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1565) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
For those who may distribute our announcement on other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from the ACBAR job site and share it with your posts. No translation to the local language or editing of the vacancy is permitted.
Note: only for Badghis local eligible candidates.