Position Title: Proposal Writer
Activation Date: 27 August, 2017 Announced Date: 26 August, 2017 Expire Date: 31 October, 2021
TechNation is a Kabul-based emerging technology, management and consulting company. Since our conception in 2007 we have led the way with innovative technology and unique consultancy and advisory services for a diverse set of clientele across many vertical sectors. TechNation’s service offerings are organized in four major categories: 1) Technology Services, 2) Startup Services, 3) Community Services, and 4) Policy Advisement.
Prepares proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals. The proposal writer works in many different industries to create clear, succinct documents that suggest a course of action or idea. The proposal writer is expected to write well-- grammar, spelling and context all count. His/ her key asset would be the ability to write under tight deadlines, be organized and prepared, and have the ability to say much with a few words.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proven experience as proposal writer or relevant role;
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure, and office automation;
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
- Excellent research skills;
- Outstanding organizational abilities;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of TechNation;
- Flexible and able to multi-task;
- Ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems;
Please, send your CV/ resume, a cover letter and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, mention the job title in the subject line of your email.