Position Title: Cashier/Inventory Stock Officer
Activation Date: 15 June, 2021 Announced Date: 15 June, 2021 Expire Date: 25 June, 2021
About Independent Directorate of Local Governance, Deputy Ministry of Municipalities, Cities Investment :
About IDLG: The Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG) was established in August 2007 pursuant to a decree by the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, with the mandate of transferring civilian responsibilities of the then Ministry of Interior (MoI) to an independent entity. Furthermore, in accordance with the Presidential Decree, the responsibility of supporting the Provincial Councils was delegated to IDLG, which was then also designated as the only entity responsible in Afghanistan for local governance. IDLG was established for the purpose of strengthening good governance, provision of services, consolidating stability, accountability, and transparency at sub-national levels through strong and capable sub-national government administrations. The core mandate of the IDLG includes: • Improving local governance to ensure access to development, stability, and security; • Providing good governance at the local level; and • Supporting local administration and ensuring public participation in the decision-making process. The mandate of the IDLG has then been divided into 4 core areas: • Policymaking: developing sub-national governance policy and revision of laws, regulations, and bylaws in accordance with this policy; • Institutional development: supporting institutions, capacity building and supporting sub-national administrations; • Inclusive Governance: supporting the participation of stakeholders and citizens in the sub-national governance processes; • Supporting: facilitating the implementation of national programs through sub-national governance entities. The IDLG is headed by a General Director, of equivalent rank as a Minister. He/She is supported by Directorates of Staff, Information and Public Awareness, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Internal Audit. The IDLG is then divided into the 3 Deputy Ministries of Municipalities (DMM), Administration and Finance (DAF), and Policy (DMP).
CIP, together with the ongoing KMDP and UDSP (and the anticipated EZ-Kar Project), would provide a well-integrated and sequenced program of institutional development, training, and investment financing that are vital in supporting Afghanistan's urban development needs. The UDSP is strengthening the institutional foundation for strategic development planning at the city level and enabling the preparation of a pipeline of municipal investments at five PCCs. As a follow-on operation, the CIP would be designed in two phases using the SOP as follows: SOP I ($50m, 5 years) would provide financing for priority investments, while expanding SDF preparation to include four additional cities, and SOP II ($150m, 5 years) would provide financing for catalytic investments in nine cities. In SOP I, CIP would set-up and mobilize the mechanism for performance-based financing for critical municipal investments. SOP I would be implemented by IDLG over five years and would have four components.
Under the direct supervision of Head of Finance, the Cashier/inventory and stock officer is responsible to provide effective and efficient support to the Head of Finance. He/ She controls the cash advance inflow and outflow from the central office to all the regions and departments. He/ She also maintains the cashbook, and updated inventory list, and will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the petty cash imprest on regular basis as per the Financial management manual and Treasury accounting manual.
- Prepare and maintain up to date petty cash register and cash advances registers in accordance with the Financial management manual
- Keep a filing system (Soft and Hard) of general administration and personnel matters, and on financial documents and reports.
- Responsible for the Day-to-Day petty expenses and withdraw petty cash within the approved cash ceiling
- Prepare petty cash payment, Vouchers, Slips etc. and disburse cash on the basis of properly approved vouchers, advance request sheet and other financial documents
- Provide Petty Cash Documents for checking to Internal/ External Auditor whenever required.
- Monitors and controls the cash advance and make sure the security of the cash.
- Reconciliation / clearance of the advance payments (operation / DSA) with main and provincial offices.
- Reconciliation of the cashbooks (petty and operation accounts) at the end of every week.
- Preparing cash reconciliation at end of every week.
- Ensures that the entire cash advance is disbursed as per requirement, with MoF
- Establish and maintain up to date Fixed Asset register as per the guidance provided in the financial management manual.
- Design asset code and should ensure to assign asset code to acquisitions from the grant proceeds
- Ensure to maintain the complete record and required supporting documentations in respect of fixed assets and inventory items handover to project staff, assets disposed of, assets in stock and assets damaged
- Ensure the physical existence of the assets and inventory items
- Ensure proper filing system for the fixed assets inventory record.
- Facilitate the physical verification of the available assets on yearly or bi-annual basis .
- Control the Inventory Management System, consistent with DMM/IDLG policies to achieve the balance required between availability of goods and holding cost.
- As goods are received, ensure a receipt is recorded and goods are transferred immediately to safe storage or to the requesting department
- Ensure all inventory is held centrally in secure storage and control
- Review the Inventory Control Record to ensure accuracy of each record
- Control inventory so that under no circumstances inventory goods can be issued for personal use
- Ensure stocks of hazardous materials that are held on CIP premises are in safe storage
- Review all inventory control records at least monthly to determine if additional goods need to be purchased and advise the procurement/ admin section to prepare a purchases order for all recommended inventory purchases
- Maintain full documentation of all procurement, and financial records of all purchase
- Prepare and verify an Asset/Inventory list
- Update and maintain a monthly base Asset/Inventory database
- Undertake any other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager
- Assist with FM Unit for the following up of M16 within DMM/IDLG and MOF.
- Assist with FM Unit for the following up of allotment within MOF.
- Assist with FM Unit for the following up of cheques within Da Afghanistan Bank.
- Assist with FM Unit for the following up of documents within Control Department of IDLG.
Performed any other duty as assigned by Senior FM Specialist
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Public Administration, Economics or any other relevant field.
Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the field of Cash management and inventory/stock management
Must know the financial system of government of Afghanistan.
Experience with World Bank project is an advantage
Be a team player and able to work under pressure and late hour whenever required.
Excellent in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Able to operate MS office computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel and Email)
Able to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
Committed and able to work for long hours if required
Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
Fluency in Written and Spoken English, Dari & Pashto.
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number and email address. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your applications electronically at:
The HR Department will not entertain telephonic inquiries.
Hard copies may be mailed to: Independent Directorate of Local Governance, Deputy Ministry for Municipalities, District #: 4, Shahr-e-Naw, Ansari Square towards Kolola Poshta, second left street, Beside Turkish Cargo Head office, Kabul - Afghanistan
Note: Please specify the vacancy number and position title in the subject line or else your application will not be considered by the system.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.