Position Title: Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Activation Date: 12 July, 2021 Announced Date: 12 July, 2021 Expire Date: 24 July, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead field level implementation of Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams
- Coordinate Mobile Health & Nutrition Teams (MH&NTs), Frist Aid Treatment Posts (FATPs) and WASH and CP activities in collaboration with relevant Government Directorates, Basic Package of Heath Service (BPHS) NGOs
- Ensure proper pharmacy management of MH&NTs and FATPs including consumption, supplies, stocks, rational use of drug
- Collect HMIS data from FATPs and MH&NTs, analyse and submit to CO and MoPH on timely bases
- Follow up of referred cases by MH&NTs or FATPs with hospital to ensure that they have proper secondary medical care
- Identify and report immediately any medical or administrative problems that may interfere in achieving programme objectives
- Organize community awareness raising campaigns on child protection issues in close collaboration with community elders, health Shuras and BPHS NGO staff
- Meet regularly with beneficiary communities and leaders, to ensure project effectiveness and community involvement in decision making on MH&N Teams and FATPs services
- Provide joint supportive supervision to project sites, on the job training to FATPs and MH&NTs staff and undertake regular joint monitoring of the project activities
- Perform any other task relevant to the scope of work as assigned by the line manager
- Keep record of in-service training conducted for the IMHNTs staff at provincial level
- Ensure proper pharmacy management of IMHNTs including consumption, supplies, stocks, rational use of drugs
- on child rights, child protection, participation, health education, environmental protection etc.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Medical Degree (MD)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Graduated from recognized medical faculty with 4 years of experience in health and nutrition project management.
- Medical Diploma (MD) with previous experience of working in the Health and Nutrition projects at least for 4 years
- Familiarity with HMIS/Nutrition online databases of MoPH will be an asset
- Good knowledge and experience of Project Management skill including basic administration and management.
- Good knowledge and experience of Health and nutrition training delivery.
- A thorough understanding of project cycle management, especially M&E processes, and reporting -
- Excellent reputation/well-known
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities -
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner -
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
Equal Opportunities :
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety :
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.