Position Title: Health Project Officer
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 24 October, 2021
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
The Project Health Officer must have the qualification and experiences of management, report writing and training, knowledge of supervision, monitoring and evaluation for at least three years and fluency in Dari/Pashto and English languages. He/she is responsible for the daily operation of project, supervision and monitoring of project.
The Responsibilities of Health Officer are:
- Health Officer is responsible for daily operation of project activities in Paktika and Kunar provinces.
- Ensure implementation of MoPH approved guideline for smooth implementation of project.
- The Health Officer is responsible to determine all resources (financially, physical and human resource including time and equipment, etc.) required for the running of the project.
- Assist Program Coordinator, and Health Facilities in-charge for planning, reporting coordination with stakeholders.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly report of project activities to Project Manager.
- Participate in coordination meeting of UN, NGOs and government agencies at districts and provincial level.
- Follow IMC’s established policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance.
- Identify and make decision to solve immediately any problem which interferes in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives and provide report to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Close follow up for all feedback given from other parties to said project.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the program and organization, notably through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including compliance with anti-harassment, safeguarding and PSEA policies.
- It is all-staff shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If a staff sees, hears, or is made aware of any suggested activities then the staff has an obligation to report.
- The Health Officer will be able to travel to project implementation sites (Paktika, Kunar and Nuristan).
- Health Officer will be able to conduct regular supervision from FATPs, SHCs and Mobile Health Team in mentioned provinces.
- Health Officer will prepare supervision report and share with Program Coordinator.
- Will share project progress with districts Health Officers, Health Shura members and district Governors.
- Will set HMIS target for each health center and will see the progress during supervision.
- Will update provincial Health Director about the project progress through face to face meeting, PHCC meeting and other ad hoc form.
- Project Officer will provide on-the-job training to MHT, FATPs and SHC staff.
- Project Health Officer will be able to provide weekly and monthly and other ad hoc report subject to contract requirement.
- Meet monthly basis with the Program Coordinator to report the program progress.
- Ensure quality of training conducting for health facilities staff capacity building.
- Health Officer should work together with community health mobilizer regarding their performance at community level.
- Will provide on-the-job training to Health Facilities staff based on need.
Education: Project Health Officer must be graduated from recognized medical faculty and will have at least three year working experience in the health management.
You are kindly requested to send your written CV or resume through email and mention the vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line. Application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test. Interested candidates should send their application to the following email address:
Important: To ensure an open, transparent staff selection process pleases certify in your application form that I have no relative or personal relationship with International Medical Corps employees if yes, please disclose the Name, Position and Relation, otherwise your CV will be not considered for shortlist
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review