Request For Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe, Afghanistan
Request For Project evaluation
About Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe, Afghanistan:
“Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” is a German non-governmental charity-organization duly registered with the courts of law in Germany and in several host countries, such as Afghanistan. It was founded in 1981 by concerned Members of Parliament of all parties represented in the German Parliament. Help started providing humanitarian assistance for Afghan refugees in Pakistan, and soon extended to development-oriented activities. Help provides aid and development-support regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, creed or nationality. Priorities are set on the basis of need and upon the request from partners and vulnerable communities to cooperate fairly and transparently. Help is engaged both in emergency- and in development-programs. Whenever possible, Help links emergency-aid with assistance for self-help. It is our aim to encourage the efforts of communities affected by disasters and political upheaval, while strengthening their capability to improve their living conditions and long-term perspectives.
Help is commissioning an independent final evaluation of the project “Reintegration of Most Vulnerable Children including children on the move and emergency affected children through provision of TVET and Employment Facilitation”. The project is funded by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), WFP and ADH. The project started on 14th of October 2019 and will end on 13th of Feb 2022. The project is implemented by Help and Help’s local partner, Organization for Sustainable Aid in Afghanistan (OSAA).
Qualification of evaluator
The evaluator should have the following skills and experiences:
- Profound understanding of the TVET policies, standards and protocols, Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability, the Sphere Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response, as well as an appreciation of key challenges and constraints to their application in the relevant context.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions, make recommendations and prepare well-written reports in a timely manner.
- Experience in evaluating development programs targeting income generation projects, reintegration & enhancement of economic stability.
- Experience in evaluation of humanitarian sectoral programs relating to education (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) and livelihood & reintegration program.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research, database management and statistical data analysis.
- Knowledge of multi-methodological approaches (qualitative and quantitative methods) in evaluation (as evidenced by recent publications).
- Knowledge and experience on evaluation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) projects.
- A sound knowledge of the context in the West region of Afghanistan
- Experience in collecting data from vulnerable groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills.
- Knowledge and prior experience of working in West Region of Afghanistan.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
The interested evaluation consultants and or consultancy companies are kindly requested to download the whole package, read, fill out, sign and stamp all the forms and submit them electronically through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and or for those who are in Herat province, please refer to the country office in Herat, Kocha-e Ibne Sina 21, Ibne Sina (Mahbas) st., Herat, Afghanistan and put the sealed envelopes into the tender box located on the gate of the main office.
Deadline for offer submission: January 17,2022