Request For World Food Programme (WFP)
Request For Expression of Interest for Provision of Snow Removal and Road Surface Clearing Services
AFG23EOI004 for Provision of Snow Removal and Road Surface Clearing Services at Air Fields and Road in Afghanistan
The United Nations World Food Programme hereinafter referred to as the “WFP”, with its Headquarters located in Via C.G. Viola, 68/70, 00148 Rome, Italy is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience by assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year. About 17,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
The WFP Afghanistan seeks to obtain snow removal and road surface clearing services for Airfields and Roads across the country. Afghanistan is subject to severe weather conditions such as heavy rain, snow, and flash floods, as well as being in a zone of high seismic (earthquake) activity. These events have led to casualties and damage to homes, roads, infrastructure, and agricultural land. Consequently, the World Food Programme (WFP) is issuing this Expression of Interest (EOI) to identify companies equipped with the necessary resources and the ability to mobilize equipment, manpower, and other essential tools to various locales within the country.
Companies with business registration in Afghanistan, interested in providing such a service to WFP are encouraged to apply for this EOI for further registration to the WFP Goods and Services Supplier Roster.
Interested companies are expected to provide the service in two job lots. Job Lot 1: Snow removal service at Airfields’ Runways, Taxiway and Apron, and from roads. Job Lot 2: Road surface clearing services including the location with access difficulty. Companies must mention the name of the job lot they offered service to WFP. Companies must be able to respond promptly to deliver the services immediately after receiving a request from the WFP and mobilize the required machinery quickly. The following equipment could be included but not limited to:
- Road Motor Graders
- Wheel Rock Loaders
- Road Sweepers
- Dump truck
- Snow Blower
- Snow Plough Truck
- Motor Grader equipped with Blade Rubber
Pictures and detailed specification of the equipment as well as the location of the equipment should be submitted.
WFP invites eligible suppliers to express their interest in providing the requested Services either in Job Lot 1 or Lot 2 or Both.
- The purpose of this EOI
The purpose of this request for REOI is to identify service providers with the verified technical, and financial capacity and able to deliver the above-mentioned services at the required standards. Eligible suppliers will be invited to participate in the bidding process for the proposed tender.
Eligibility to participate in the proposed tender will be determined on the basis of the evaluation of a preliminary capacity questionnaire or minimum qualification stated in Table I and II. WFP requirement. WFP reserves the right to decide on whether a company is eligible, and this decision is made at our sole discretion. No further reasons will be provided.
After the deadline for submission of responses has passed, WFP will evaluate the responses received and will notify eligible participants of the outcome of the evaluation.
- How to prepare and submit your Expression of Interest
In order to participate in the pre-qualification exercise, companies are required to provide the following:
- Table I. WFP Minimum Requirements for Job lot 1: Snow Removal Services
- Table II. WFP Minimum Requirements for Job lot 2: Road Surface Clearing Services
- Table III. Supplier Information.
- Table IV. Supplier Financial Status.
- Table V. Supplier Relevant Experience.
- Table VI. Signatory by the authorized company representative and company stamp.
- Filling out WFP’s Supplier registration form with the Company's present name and signature and the Company Stamp
- Filling out Disability Inclusion Questionnaire
- Company Profile
- Table with a list of Machineries by Location with Pictures
- Update Business License and Tax Clearance
- Banking Detail Information
- Last two year's Audit Report
- Sign and stamp the UN Code of Conduct
- Trade reference of relevant services (either a copy of POs/Contracts that the supplier has with other customers or a table with the type of goods, quantity, total value, purchase year, and contact info of their customer)
- Copy of NID (Tazkeera or Passport) from the President and V-President
All supporting documentation listed above shall be prepared in accordance with the instructions provided and sent by email to email@example.com.
WFP will not consider incomplete or unsigned submissions. All responses and supporting documentation received will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be made available to the public.
This request for EOI does not constitute a solicitation. WFP reserves the right to change or cancel this procurement process or any of its requirements at any time during the process; any such action will be communicated to all participants.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.