Position Title: Enumerator
Activation Date: 09 June, 2021 Announced Date: 09 June, 2021 Expire Date: 19 June, 2021
The International Organization for Migration in Afghanistan implements multi-donor projects and programmes that deploy information management initiatives to support and inform operational processes towards the provision of humanitarian and community development assistance by IOM and its partners and counterparts, as well as capacity building of Afghan government and ministries. IOM implements the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), an IOM global information management system to track and monitor population displacement and mobility. The primary objective of DTM activities in Afghanistan is to collect structured data to obtain in-depth information on the sizes, locations, demographics and needs of mobile and displaced populations, mobility dynamics and patterns, and the drivers of mobility.
Under the direct supervision of the DTM Team Leader, the overall supervision of the DTM Operations Officer, and in coordination with the DTM Coordinator, the DTM Enumerator will be responsible for the following activities, according to the procedures and training provided by the DTM management team
- Identify reliable sources for information (e.g. key informants (KIs)) to collect relevant, correct and realistic data of the populations of concern in targeted areas.
- Liaise and build good relationships with relevant data sources, in his/her designated geographical areas, including, but not limited to, various humanitarian, NGO and governmental partners, as well as displaced, return and host populations.
- According to the weekly or monthly operational plan, developed by the DTM Team Leader and DTM Management Team in Kabul, conduct relevant assessments/surveys in designated geographical areas where the populations of concern exist.
- Assess multi-sectoral conditions (e.g. security, economic, employment, shelter, health, WASH, education, etc.) through direct observation and triangulate the qualitive information to facilitate its analysis.
- Ensure the quality of the information collected by systematically verifying and correcting the questionnaire/form at the end of each interview/registration.
- Identify and correct inconsistencies, inaccuracies and omissions in data prior to submission to the DTM Team Leader.
- Remit all completed surveys to the DTM Team Leader in a timely manner.
- Follow up on any data quality enquiries or clarifications required by the DTM Team Leader, or DTM management team in Kabul (DTM Database Assistant / DTM Operations Officer / DTM Coordinator) and make any necessary corrections to the forms/questionnaires, as required and in alignment with the information received from assessment/survey participants.
- Encode the collected data into the KoBo system using PC or mobile devices (tablet/smart phone), when applicable and necessary.
- Inform the DTM Team Leader of any sudden population movements or displacements and causal incidents in his/her geographical areas of responsibility.
- Report daily on the activities conducted and any issues encountered to the DTM Team Leader and make relevant recommendations.
- Submit all administrative and financial documents on time.
- Respect and follow IOM’s Data Protection Principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following organizational values:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates and listens to feedback on changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Shares and convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals, plans, deliverables and deadlines consistent with agreed priorities for self
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Ability to work proactively, with common sense and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in challenging settings and under pressure, while respecting tight deadlines
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from diverse cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial and harmonious team environment
- Contributes to and follows team objectives
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technological and administrative solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Internal candidates of the organization as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Applicants must indicate the province that s/he is applying for.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Minimum high school or diploma – completed university degree is an advantage
- Minimum two years’ experience in conducting community and household assessments and surveys
- Previous experience in working with or liaising with the Afghan Government, UN agencies, NGOs and military counterparts is an advantage
Ability to conduct an interview, administer a questionnaire or register a person with neutrality, empathy and professionalism
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint is an advantage;
Familiarity with mobile data collection technologies is an advantage
- Dari or Pashto– Fluent
- English – desirable
VI. METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 19 June 2021 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-4725
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482