Position Title: Field Researcher
Activation Date: 10 June, 2021 Announced Date: 10 June, 2021 Expire Date: 17 June, 2021
About Global Impact Management Consulting (GIMC):
Global Impact Management Consulting (GIMC) is an innovative Afghan international development firm established by a team of private sector and development experts with innovation, relevance, and quality as its core values. GIMC helps organizations transform to become more efficient, sustainable, and profitable. At GIMC we believe in delivering quality services to our clients and utilize a long-term vision to engage with and support them. To learn more about GIMC, please visit our website: www.gimciternational.com.
About Amplifying Change Project:
Implemented by Oxfam Afghanistan in partnership with Oxfam Canada, Amplify Change (AC) – Supporting Women’s Rights in Afghanistan is a five year (2017-2021), 4.81 million CAD project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and is being implemented in two provinces of Afghanistan - Herat and Balkh. The project aims to support Afghan women and girls to participate more effectively in decision-making about their society by empowering them to access and use their legal rights and creating an enabling environment that facilitates their participation.
Women Economic Empowerment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a clear understanding of the AC project scope and the women economic empowerment research purpose and questions.
- Pilot-test the data collection tools as per the evaluation and project team guidelines and schedule.
- Work closely with the project team in identifying the targeted groups of people (Community representatives, women participants of TVET program, and other stakeholders) for in-depth interviews (IDIs), key informant interviews (KIIs), focus group discussions (FGDs), field observation, and case study development.
- Carry out data collection from the provinces of Herat and Mazar-e-Sharif using already developed questionnaires.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the information collected from the field.
- Make sure to strictly follow the data collection protocols while administering the questionnaires as instructed by Project team.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of information (notes and specific responses to interview questions with details and its translation into English) gathered through questionnaires.
- Provide daily reports on the number of interviews and FGDs conducted as per the given daily targets, as well as challenges being faced during the data collection process.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with ACES project field staff.
- A Bachelor's degree in public administration, agriculture, international development, policy studies, business administration or any relevant field;
- 3-5 years’ experience of research, field research management, data collection, data analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity of working with national and international organizations including donors, NGOs, and for-profit contractors.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience with donors.
- Experience in human rights, women empowerment, and TVET is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong background in field research (with community members) related to women’s rights and economic empowerment.
- Good knowledge of working on safe and ethical data collection.
- Access to recording device to record the interviews/focus groups with participants.
- Access to computer for recording notes.
- Working experience conducting research in Herat or Mazar.
- Good writing skills (in English), analytical capacity, and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of the issues surrounding human rights, women rights, women economic empowerment, TVET, economic inclusion, value chains and access to finance and community development.
- Good knowledge of the Afghan institutions, social and political environments, actors and existing dynamics in Afghanistan;
- Ability to develop and manage professional relations and have outstanding interpersonal and coordination skills;
- Be result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
- Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested for this assignment.
- Be able to travel within provinces of Herat and Mazar-e-Sharif
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter (three recent references) that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail subject line please write “Data Collector/Enumerator“.
The deadline for application is 17th of June 2021. Interview of suitable candidates may begin once applications are received.