Position Title: GPE Project Finance & Grant Officer
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 25 October, 2021
About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee:
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security and Job Creation and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position Summary:
- GPE Project Finance & Grant Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant management processes, maintaining grants related information and files, supporting on managing reporting deadlines, producing high-quality financial reports and donor updates. He/she will also help support Weekly, monthly, quarterly & annually grant review and financial reporting’s in close collaboration with the head of Grants and Finance. And any other task assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include:
- Generating of grant reports to donor on weekly, monthly, quarterly & annually based on donor format in collaboration with the head of Grant and Finance.
- Keep track of reporting schedules according to donor framework.
- Keep track of project budget Vs expenditures in order to avoid budget variances and cross donor flexibility on budget lines
- Inform various sub-component and unit heads in time, about pending issues and consolidate it in order to feed it to the reports
- Edit and review collected reports and refer to relevant reporting focal points for missing information, clarification of inconsistencies, and correction of inaccuracies.
- Compile and format reports as required.
- Attend unit and other meetings as required
- Be responsible to make cash forecast on monthly basis and send to Kabul office for the process
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and government departments at regional level.
- Handle day to day cash management and dealing with banking activities.
- Checking all type of invoices, bills, documents, and payrolls before payment is being made.
- Preparing the vouchers on a daily basis.
- Booking of costs according to available budget of the projects.
- Responsible for filling of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis.
- Maintaining the cash and bank books.
- Responsible for preparing monthly BRS (balance reconciliation sheet) at the end of each month.
- Proper checking and recording of (Grant code, activity code, account code, and cost center codes),
- Compare the entries with the original vouchers at the end of each month to make sure that the expenses and vouchers are recorded correctly in cash books and in QB.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the program budget utilization and support functions.
- Provide the required supporting documents of reports for the donors and for the auditors.
- Reconcile the accounts, taxes, accruals, and cashbooks on timely basis.
- Keep track of all taxes to be paid on time as per Government rule and regulation.
- Helping the head of departments to reconcile the accounts for annual and project auditing. In addition, making sure that the documents are ready for the auditors.
- Ensure full implementation of NAC’s finance and admin manual, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Language requirements, if any:
- Dari (Fluent)
- English (Excellent)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, or Finance or any related field with 3 years’ experience in the related field is required.
- Prior experience in Quick Book software
- Able to work with spreadsheets
- 2-3 years of experience in the related field in NGOs or Private companies
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Have good knowledge of accounting cycle & IFRSs
- Good computer & Microsoft Office skills
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Work under pressure, late hour and weekends as required
- Detailed oriented
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No application will be considered after the closing date of the vacancy.
The priority will be given to the field applicants (Duty station of the vacancy)