Position Title: Child Protection Project Supervisor(Subject to donor approval)
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 15 December, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
The Child Protection Project Supervisor is responsible to oversee the implementation of child protection activities under the AHF projects in Ghor. The post holder will be involved in emergency response and recovery in child protection sector, which activities include delivering of protection services for children and their families, working with community to strengthen capacity to protect children, and coordinating with actors from CP and other sectors to ensure effective programming. The Project Supervisor will manage a team of child protection staff, comprises of CP Officer, Case Worker and Community Mobilizers to implement activities for children, adolescents, caregivers and community members according to the design and work plan of the AHF project. S/he will also work with the Zonal Manager, the Protection and Education Sector Lead and the Safeguarding and GESI Coordinator to undertake any CP related tasks beyond the scope of the existing project.
The Child Protection Project Supervisor will be based in Ghor with possible travel to other provinces upon the request of his/her line manager.
Project Management, Planning and Implementation:
- Lead and manage the overall implementation of child protection activities under the AHF project, ensuring that activities/services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure that Child Protection field staff understand the project details and the requirements for implementation.
- Support the Child Protection staff to develop work-plans and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- In coordination with the Zonal Manager and other department, develop detailed implementation plans including procurement schedules and budget forecast based on project timeframe.
- Provide technical guidance to the Child Protection team ensuring the project is implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners and children in line with WV’s principles, values and strategic plan.
- Ensure that solid CP case management, referral and information management systems are in place for appropriate identification, responses and follow-up for children harmed or at risk of being harmed, and that these processes are happening in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular communication with the Protection and Education Sector Lead to integrate appropriate technical priorities in program design/strategy and to provide updates on achievements and challenges.
- Undertake ongoing review of project implementation at field level, report challenges to Zonal Manager and other senior management and make adjustment to project design and implementation as necessary.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and ensure safeguarding concerns are reported and followed up
Assessment, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Contribute to the design and planning of data collection of WV or inter-agency assessments in Ghor to ensure child protection information is adequately captured, analysed and reflected in the assessment process and final reports.
- Review and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports.
- Conduct periodic review meetings to identify bottlenecks and discuss with project teams on the ways to address those bottlenecks.
- Work with the MEAL team to develop and use the specific M&E tools to monitor project progress and results based on the indicators and means of verification defined in the AHF project.
- Compile and submit donor reports as per set schedules on grant activities, indicators and achievements, with support from the Protection and Education Sector Lead and MEAL.
- Coordinate with other CP actors to establish or strengthen the Child Protection Information Management System for documenting, recording and updating individual case management activities.
- Analyse child protection information and share trends and patterns of protection risks internally and externally, as appropriate, to improve project response and for advocacy.
- Work with MEAL team to enhance accountability mechanisms which facilitate boys, girls and other marginalized groups to report their feedback and complaints.
- Work closely with national safeguarding focal point to ensure that safeguarding risks are identified and monitored and support the well-functioning of the safeguarding mechanism.
- Contribute to any CP-related research, case studies, learning reviews and publications for WVA, as relevant.
Knowledge Management & Capacity Building:
- Work with P&C to conduct and finalize recruitment of all open Child Protection positions include reviewing JD, shortlisting, technical interviews, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Protection and Education Sector Lead to ensure all project staff are trained on their core functions and responsibilities.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented performance reviews.
- Develop or update training or other guidance materials on CP for field staff based on learning needs and priorities in coordination with the Protection and Education Sector Lead as well as the other CP actors in Ghor.
- Organize and facilitate training on Protection Mainstreaming, Child Protection and other relevant topics for WV staff and other actors upon the request of the Protection and Education Sector Lead or the Zonal Manager.
- Identify and propose trainings for the team related to child protection and best practices.
- Attend internal and external training on CP and related topics to enhance knowledge on different thematic areas and programming approaches.
Networking & External Engagement:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at local level, including UNICEF, Provincial CPAN, and other protection actors.
- Represent WV in relevant protection/child protection coordination forums (CP AoR, MHPSS WG) in Ghor.
- Participate in internal meetings and coordinate with other programme/sector teams.
- In coordination with the Zonal Manager and GAM, identify appropriate partners for implementation of the child protection response in WVA’s operations areas.
- Establish strong relationship with community structures and faith networks to facilitate the project acceptance and stakeholder’s contribution and ownership.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing protection or child protection programmes in humanitarian settings
- Knowledge of child protection principles and programming approaches
- Proven experience as a trainer and in organizing training on child protection and relevant topics for participants of diverse background
- Experience in implementing programme with strong case management components, knowledge of CPIMS is a plus.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian architectures and the cluster approach and the ability to actively contribute to work of Inter-Agency forums.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Ability to work as a team player and coach frontline staff in child protection skills, community participation and accountability
- Must have basic level computer skills- Word- Excel
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor degree in community development, psychology, social work, sociology, and other social sciences relevant.
- Certification or other recognized courses on Protection, Child Protection, Gender-based Violence, International Humanitarian Law or other relevant subjects.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking English.
- Knowledge of international child rights frameworks and understanding of Afghanistan child protection system and legal frameworks
- Excellent understanding of main disaster risks and child protection issues which communities are facing in Afghanistan, especially in a humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge and awareness of inter-agency Child Protection in Humanitarian Action tools, guidelines and other resources
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in community development, psychology, social work, sociology, and other social sciences relevant.
- Prior experience in implementing UNICEF, AHF, BHA and other major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Prior experience in fragile contexts and humanitarian response.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position is based in Ghor but may require domestic travel to other project sites (Lala district) upon the request of the line manager or the Protection & Education Sector Lead
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) as well as knowledge of the local language (Darai)
The application closing date is 15-Dec-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1211) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1211) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید