Position Title: Compliance Consultant
Activation Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 20 Jun, 2021
The Human Rights Watch and Media Organization (WHMO) which was created in 2010, is an equal opportunity civil society and non-for-profit organization committed to promoting human rights, mass media and democratization process in Afghanistan through its three major work components: (1) Advocacy Strategy, (2) Capacity Building, and (3) Media Management. The mission of Human Rights Watch and Media Organization is to have a just and pluralistic society where human rights and women’s rights are recognized, protected and respected. WHMO has extensive experience in project management, women’s capacity building, public awareness campaigns and combatting Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and Domestic Violence (DV). These skills have been acquired through the implementation of multiple projects in a range of sectors including human rights and women’s rights advocacy, capacity building of civil society and women’s organizations, education, vocational training, media communication, leadership and women’s empowerment.
The Compliance Consultant works as part of the Organization, responsible for monitoring financial and project activities awarded by The Asia Foundation (TAF). The Compliance Consultant will provide efficient and effective contract compliance support to the Organization.
The Compliance Consultant will report to the Organization’s management. He/she will work closely with the Organization’s management including finance, human resource, procurement, and administration units to ensure compliance with all policies, rules and regulations as well as standards necessary for implemented projects. The Compliance Consultant will be contracted by the Organization and will be stationed at the Organization’s office/premises. The Compliance Consultant will comply with all of the Organization’s relevant staff/employee rules and regulations during the course of his/her contract. The problems identified by the Consultant will be discussed first within the management of the Organization and then if there is no resolution/remediation, these matters will be brought to the attention of The Asia Foundation (TAF).
- The responsibility to undertake day to day activities including decision making shall remain with the Organization’s senior management and/or core team whereas the Compliance Office will be responsible to:
- Assist the Organization to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant agreement and organizations policies and procedures.
- Review financial and operations documents relating to the project to confirm their accuracy including vouchers, bank reconciliations, periodic financial reports etc.
- Carry out field visits to monitor project activities implementation on need basis.
- Report on any non-compliances or other issues noted to relevant department and Organization’s management. Such reporting will be made first to the Organization’s senior management and/or core team implementing the Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) multi-year grant of The Asia Foundation (TAF) for resolving / rectifying error or issue. Assist the Organization in rectification of errors and provide report to the Foundation on all issues noted, rectified and not rectified.
- Monitor project budgets and operations and ensure compliance to The Asia Foundation’s formats and requirements (activities, results and financial requirements).
- Identify capacity gaps arising from review of reports and field monitoring and share with Organization’s management and The Asia Foundation.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual progress report to The Asia Foundation and Organization’s management.
- Provide need-base assistance to the capacity building Implement Partner (IP) which will be hired by The Asia Foundation.
- Undertake such other responsibilities as from time to time may be assigned by the Foundation with notice to the Organization.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience may submit their current CV and cover letter detailing their motivation to apply and why they are best suited for the position.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV), both in English, to email@example.com no later than 20 June, 2021.
Subject line must be: (Compliance Consultant / CC-20-2021) otherwise your application may not have considered.