Position Title: Midwife/ Female Nurse
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 20 October, 2021
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is a Non-governmental, Non-political, Non-profitable and independent organization founded in 2010 by a group of community development and research specialist. The aim of the organization is to contribute to the development of Afghanistan as an integral part of the international community. It envisages accomplishing its aims by building local capacities, generating evidence in various disciplines, promoting evidence-based on best practices and implementing development projects aimed at community development at the grass root level. ORCD is a multi-donor funded NGO, implementing health, agriculture and community development projects in several provinces of the country.
ORCD would like to implement Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS/EPHS) System of SEHATMANDI in Kunar province funded by (MoPH/WB) for which it would like to seek qualified people.
- Act according to the policy of ORCD;
- Keep confidential with issue related to ORCD;
- The CM is reportable to Project Manager;
- Any task assigned by supervisor.
- Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and maternal nutrition Counseling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women
- Giving Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
- Giving IYCF specific counseling to U2 children's' mothers
- Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
- Meeting with community elders for community awareness and sensitization
- Conducting food demonstration sessions in community
- Giving specific counseling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
- Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
- Encouraging mothers to receive Iron Folic Acid (IFA) during lactation and pregnancy.
- Support the Nutrition Officer in conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five for acute malnutrition.
- Any task given by the Project Manager.
- Be Afghan
- Graduated from recognized Midwifery/ Nursery Institute.
- Having experience of Midwife/ Female Nurse in NNGO or INGO for 2-3 years.
- Able to speak in Pashto and Dari.
- Able to work in the fast pace environment.
- Having 2-3 years’ experience in BPHS/EPHS.
- Able to go to the field.
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his cover letter and updated CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email must be (Midwife/ Female Nurses, VA No: ORCD-055-2021).
Please don't attached heavy files & any other documents more than (1024 KB), otherwise your application will not be consider for shortlisting.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can also submit your hard CV and Application to the office by this address:
Human Resources Department
House # 2591, Street of Shams London Academy Girls School, Shaheed Square, Taimani Project Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel #: 0700031207