Position Title: IT and Visibility Officer
Activation Date: 25 January, 2023 Announced Date: 25 January, 2023 Expire Date: 04 February, 2023
About Organization for Sustainable Aid in Afghanistan - OSAA:
Organization for Sustainable Aid in Afghanistan-OSAA is a women-led, non-governmental, non-profit, and non-partisan development and humanitarian-oriented local organization that was established and registered in Herat, Afghanistan, in 2015 with registration number 3728, aiming to foster the economic and social development of Afghanistan, in particular for women, with a high commitment to a sustainable approach to development.
The organization’s core founders and board of directors consist of well-educated, experienced, and goal-oriented women and men committed to using their knowledge and experience to empower women and youths through vocational training, employment services, capacity building, and education programs in Afghanistan.
Main Duties of IT and Visibility Officer:
Act as a trusted person for a designed team of beneficiaries and assist them whenever needed
- keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- test and evaluate new technology
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Prepare visibility plans in coordination with project team members.
- Coordinate visibility-related activities with concerned staff of the project team as and when required.
- Lead in the design and development of onsite visibility materials such as project banners signboards plaques project plates photographs stickers and so on.
- Work closely with the project team to publish project newsletters.
- Support field staff in arranging main events like project inauguration and project completion ceremonies training activities and so on in order to get maximum visibility and publicity for the project.
- Assist field staff in distributing visibility materials in target communities.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science.
- At least three years of proven experience in the field of IT and Visibility
- Must be fluent in Dari and Pashto and good knowledge of English is needed.
- Must have good knowledge of IT, Visibility and Photography
- A strong ability to develop support with people
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and communication skills
- Team work is highly required
- Able to work under pressure and at different circumstances
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Correspondents without a subject line will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants can also submit their hard copies of their CVs and cover letter to the Employment and Entrepreneurship Services Center of OSAA located in Herat city, 30 meters street, next to Bibi Somayeh Kindergarten.