Position Title: Livelihood Officer
Activation Date: 25 May, 2023 Announced Date: 25 May, 2023 Expire Date: 08 June, 2023
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per JIA Salary Skill|
|Vacancy Number:||JUH 0074|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Johanniter International Assistance|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 years’ relevant experience within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation|
|Contract Duration:||7 months|
|Education:||bachelor’s degree/ master degree is prefered|
About Johanniter International Assistance:
Johanniter International Assistance (www.johanniter-int.org) is a department in Johanniter Unfall-Hilfe, a German non-governmental organisation. It is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany.
Johanniter International Assistance started its operations in Afghanistan in October 2002 with the aim to improve the health conditions of Afghan communities through providing medical care and supporting health facilities. Johanniter International Assistance is implementing its projects through national partner organisations in Badghis, Kabul, Khost, and Kunduz provinces.
The livelihood officer will be playing the core role in the implementation of Johanniter International Assistance (JIA) Livelihood related projects in Afghanistan and support the livelihood component of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct market assessment/ market systems analysis
- List primarily selected participants (for Livelihoods interventions) by applying wealth ranking and /or selection criteria
- Generate and share Rapid needs assessment report and Market Assessment report covering both the Livelihoods component and Ultra Poor Graduation (UPG)
- Conduct meetings with key employers in the public and private sector
- Providing skills training on Emergency Livelihoods to the selected PoCs
- Start-up tool distribution to deserving certified trainees of Emergency livelihoods trainings
- Ensure that activities are conducted according to the work plan, all indicators are achieved, and all risks during implementation can be minimized.
- Ensure appropriate field documentation of the project.
- Ensure regular reporting to the Office/supervisor on project progress and activities and other project-related issues that may arise in the field in a timely manner.
- Represent JIA in field/provincial meetings.
- Forming self-help groups at the community level.
- Verify all the primarily selected households by making a visit to each of the households
- Identify the local economic opportunities and facilitate the inclusion of the ultra-poor into those opportunities
- Ensure the 70% placement of the graduated trainees from the livelihood training
- Coordinate with the local government, NGOs, and other development partners to enhance the economic inclusion of selected ultra-poor participants
- Ensure the quality of graduation scanning and follow up on the progress against the indicator
- Coordinate the food/cash distribution process and make sure that the cash/food grant reaches the intended recipients in an appropriate manner and does create any conflict.
- Participate in the procurement process with procurement/logistic units to timely avail the materials and equipment to the beneficiaries;
Besides the above responsibilities, Livelihood Officer has a responsibility to accomplish any other relevant tasks given by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university in Economics, Business Administration, or any other related professional field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3 - 4 years’ relevant experience with bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years with Master degree, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Trainings in the livelihood projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Honest, proactive, and well-mannered.
- Training and capacity-building skills in participatory monitoring methods.
Values, Accountability, and Integrity
Take responsibility for own work and honestly seek to achieve organisational and personal objectives.
Ambitious and Creative
A commitment to growth and making a difference in the lives of others through innovative ways.
Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, and colleagues, approachable, and supportive with developed listening skills.
Computer skills including MS Office package.
Fluency in English and Pashto, both written and spoken
Interpersonal and communication skills
Experience of planning, reporting
Applications for this position (including a cover letter and CV in one pdf file) should be sent to: email@example.com before 8 June 2023.
Please indicate “Livelihood Officer JUH 0074 ” in the subject line of your email.
Note: Please do not send duplicated applications with extra supporting documents or linked CVs.
Only completed applications will be considered.