Position Title: Senior Manager
Activation Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Announced Date: 10 Jun, 2021 Expire Date: 10 Jul, 2021
About Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan:
CW4WAfghan is seeking an experienced manager to work full-time in our country office in Kabul, taking the lead management role over human resources, operations and planning. The person in this role will help ensure the success of CW4WAfghan programs through skilled and active management of CW4WAfghan’s education projects portfolio, by working constructively and proactively with CW4WAfghan project teams to lead, inspire and deliver results for beneficiaries. The Senior Manager will also represent CW4WAfghan in meetings with key stakeholders such as government ministries, donors and project partners. We are seeking to meet candidates who possess the following qualities: exceptional work ethic, proven management skills, and excellent communication and facilitation skills.
Travel Requirements: Travel by road to project sites by vehicle where accessible, and to other provinces by air travel where CW4WAfghan operates. Occasional travel to Canada and other international locations may be required.
About Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan
Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan (CW4WAfghan.ca) is a not-for-profit organization and a non-religious, non-political, federally registered charity in Canada (Canada Revenue Agency #887718203RR0001) and is registered with the Ministry of Economy of the Government of Afghanistan. CW4WAfghan’s goals are to advance education and educational opportunities for Afghan women and their families and to educate Canadians about human rights in Afghanistan. The organization’s mission is: Canadians taking action, in partnership with Afghan women, towards improving conditions of human rights, ending women's oppression, and providing opportunities for Afghan women to live their lives with dignity, certainty and purpose. Our work falls within four main field program areas: (1) Investments in Basic Education; (2) Community Libraries, Literacy and Books Program; (3) Technology for Education and (4) Public Engagement. To learn more about our programs, visit: www.cw4wafghan.ca
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (earned equivalent of executive level experience may be substituted for minimum education requirement)
- Minimum of five years of senior management experience including personnel management
- High level of competency with computer software (MS Office)
- Fluency in professional level English and Dari or Pashto (speaking, listening, reading, writing)
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent management skills and experience supervising employees
- Experience forming, leading and motivating project teams
- Demonstrated relationship-building and stakeholder stewardship skills
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks under tight time constraints
- Strong communication skills; ability to express oneself well and professional written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the legal and reporting requirements of government departments
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the right to education, the universalism of human rights, and gender equity.
Instructions for Application: To apply, please submit: Application Process
To apply, please submit*:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you meet the job requirements described above. The cover letter should be in the body of the email, and not an attached document.
- An up-to-date CV attached to the email submission.
- Applications must include two reference names and referee contact information. Referees should include professional colleagues and former supervisors, and should not be relatives or friends of the applicant.
*Applications that do not include the above mentioned items will not be reviewed. Please ensure you meet the minimum required qualifications before applying.
All applications should be submitted by email to: Recruitment@CW4WAfghan.ca
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.