Position Title: Medical Team Leader
Activation Date: 28 June, 2021 Announced Date: 28 June, 2021 Expire Date: 11 July, 2021
In 2019 INTERSOS ran an integrated project consisting of health, nutrition and protection assistance to the provincial health system in Kandahar and Kabul provinces through static peripheral health facilities and through mobile outreach teams targeting the underserved remote areas of the provinces. For both mobile and static approach, INTERSOS deployed teams of medical and protection staff providing basic health and nutrition services, referrals, case management, psychosocial support services and livelihoods assistance to vulnerable host community members, returnees mainly coming from Pakistan and Iran, and internally displaced people from the areas contested between Government and Armed Opposition Groups. Furthermore, INTERSOS promoted the access to safe and clean water through the rehabilitation of boreholes and set-up of water reservoirs and points, and built pit latrines within the supported health facilities in Kandahar province.
Under the guidance of the Medical Technical Unit, to lead the establishment and running of the Health Center.
Ensure quality and on-time submission of progress reports to Medical Activity Manager and other stakeholder, as requested (e.g. hospital leadership, Health cluster meetings)
Participate in training and workshops as trainer, when needed.
Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to immediate supervisor and be responsible of data management and databases
Attend all relevant meetings/workshops requested by supervisor.
Ensure strict adherence to guidelines and procedures laid out in the SOP for Health Sector.
Manage and oversee routine day to day activities of Health Center – inclusive of material assistance distribution
Undertake regular follow up of cases entering in the Health Facility
Maintain an attitude of respect and support toward Health Facility clients.
Ensure adherence of the health facility activities to INTERSOS and donor's administrative rules and regulations (including confidentiality);
Represent INTERSOS when required by Head of Sub Base at meetings with stakeholders, PHD, Provincial hospitals authorities, BPHS/EPHS implementer, NGOs and sharing information and providing feedback when requested.
Supervise from a technical prospective the work of MD, Nurse and Midwife
Clinical examination of all patients with signs of complicated pathologies or presenting complication or referrals from the nurse to ensure quality medical care provision.
Supervise and collect the report form the CHWs
Raise regularly supply request to line manager and ensure securing of supplies including therapeutic food and drugs.
Provide regularly relevant reports to the Manager, providing updates on the activities at the center and highlighting challenges and solutions;
Establish and maintain positive working relations with local authorities and relevant stakeholders in the community to ensure cooperation and success of project implementation;
Perform any other task not here listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission programme as requested by the Protection Activity Manager, Project Manager and Technical Coordinators.
- University degree in health or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the health sector (i.e. as doctor, midwife, nurse)
- Previous experience as supervisor of Health Facility
- Of which, minimum 2 years professional experience in humanitarian sector, preferably with local or international NGOs
- Strong understanding of the Afghanistan crisis;
- Previous experience in staff management and administration
- Availability to be based for 4 to 5 days per week in the center location (Shajoy, Zabul Province) to ensure the smooth implementation of activities
- Strong organizational, reporting, communication and interpersonal skills
- Stress-resilient, able to cope with deadlines and complex problems
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Good writing skills and computer literacy
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari, and working knowledge of English (spoken and written), is mandatory
- Previous experience in the management/coordination of community centers
- Previous experience in working in humanitarian emergency projects
Please submit your updated profile and cover letter to email@example.com and clearly write the job title Location and vacancy number in the subject line of your application. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Applications without subject line will not be entertained.