Position Title: Mental Health and disability Officer
Activation Date: 13 July, 2021 Announced Date: 12 July, 2021 Expire Date: 20 July, 2021
About Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge:
The perception for the formation of the non-governmental organizations in Afghanistan indeed, was a most welcome move, especially under conditions that Afghanistan was engulfed with the most severe war and the country was experiencing a difficult era due to internal instability. To render possible assistance to those in need inside the country and to mitigate the sufferings of the displaced Afghans in the neighboring countries, some Afghan NGOs were established and with the direct support of the donor agencies they have done a good job in assisting the needy ones since their inception. Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-sectarian organization (Afghan National NGO), created at the initiative of a group of Afghan Professionals in 2001. Since its establishment it has been involved in the implementation of different projects in different provinces and areas all over the country, serving the most entitled populations. JACK, since its establishment, has been operating in full coordination and collaboration with the communities, government institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders in order to offer services to the people in the most qualitative level. JACK strives to save lives, to promote human dignity and to expose and confront oppression. JACK provides assistance to refugees, victims of disaster, disabled people, marginalized group of women, children and men, and others who suffer and are in need of relief assistance regardless of race, nationality, religion, political affiliations, region and language.
- Responsible for the overall mental health and disabilities activities of the project
- Assist in preparing an annual action plan for the supervision of all field activities based on the project’s work-plan.
- To carry out assessments of health workers in need and to arrange and manage packages of care to meet assessed needs.
- Assist feasibility studies of the site as required.
- Obtain clear picture of the essential technical needs of the facilities.
- Identify staff needs for mental health and disability related training.
- Identify particular needs for logistics like drugs, medical material, equipment etc.
- Provide regular technical assistance and training on mental health care and disability for health facility staff and CHW/CHW trainers
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of the health facilities and CHWs in order to ensure mental health care and disability are implemented according to MOPH policies
- To comply with the requirements of the national mental health standards and contribute pro-actively in their own continued professional development
- Work with colleagues in the integrated BPHS including, quality assurance officers, CBHC officer, CHS and CHWs trainers and health facilities technical staffs.
- Support health facilities staffs and CHWs with mental health and disability issues and problem-solving within community, health facilities and hospital.
- Drawing up and managing a care plan in conjunction with health facilities staffs and technical department colleagues.
- Perform on job training for the staff.
- Ensure that the set norms and protocols according to Quality assurance tools are in place.
- Conveys all instructions of the field office to the health facilities.
- Conduct staff motivation.
- Coordinating mental health, psychosocial and disability training.
- Check medical inventory and orders.
- Conduct meetings with authorities, community leaders, elders and head of households to improve community participation and indirect evaluation of the field activities.
- Collect and compile activity reports and recommendations of the field activities.
- Feed back to health facility.
- Coordination with other section (Admin, Stock, Pharmacy etc.)
- Participate in annual internal evaluation
- To make appropriate, competent and timely applications/ reports of mental health and disability activities to the provincial office.
- Supportive Supervision of HFs, HPs and outreach area.
- To ensure inventory of all asset and maintain of health facilities.
- Perform any other required project-related tasks.
- At least 2 years of proven experience at field BPHS.
- Medical Doctor degree;
- Strong communications skills.
- Fluent English ,Pashto, and Dari with excellent speaking and writing skills
- Proficient computing skills – word processing, spreadsheet design and presentations.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org