Position Title: Senior SRH (Sexual and Reproductive Health) Officer
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 26 September, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and particular assignments
- General responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, implementation and follow up of SRH component of the projects, technically.
- Assure technical support and organization of internal or external trainings related to SRH.
- Review, analyze and finalize monthly, quarterly and project reports drafted by the field teams, including narrative, epidemiology, and quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Assure coordination and representation amongst health partners particularly in the field of RMNCAH.
- Assure the leadership and the representation in MoPH meetings related to RMNCAH and.
- Post Main Objectives:
Objective 1: Support medical teams on the field in implementation of ongoing RMNCAH activities
- Follow up of implementation of RMNCAH activities in the provinces.
- Analyze developments and suggest actions for improvement of activities at field level.
- Regular supervision field visits to PU-AMI projects in the provinces and production of supervision reports and recommendations.
- Provide guidelines and protocols to the field team for activities related to RMNCAH topics.
- Update field team on new changes regarding RMNCAH project implementation.
- Follow up the implementation of the RMNCAH M&E plan in the provinces
- Capitalize on field experiences by using lessons learnt from one province/project to provide insight and recommendations to another province/project.
Objective 2: Training and capacity building support
- Analyze RMNCAH projects’ staff capacities and gaps, based on project implementation results and staff performance evaluation.
- Discuss training needs and propose related training for RMNCAH project staff; internally and externally organized.
- Follow up the methodology, objectives, participants and contents of the RMNCAH training set up in the province
- Participate in relevant ToT trainings on national and provincial levels.
- Provide recommendations and on-job training to Provincial SRH Specialist.
- Support and provide internal training for PU-AMI field team regarding RMNCAH.
Objective 3: Reporting
- Facilitate collection and report-drafting of RMNCAH components on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate collection and report drafting of other RMNCAH related projects (WHI, Emergency project, BHA, ECHO, etc.), on a monthly basis.
- Revision of different RMNCAH projects’ report-drafts, seek clarifications with field teams, and finalization of relevant monthly and other reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Submission of consolidated of reports to relevant health and RMNCAH stakeholders, on national, regional and provincial levels.
- Receiving feedback from relevant authorities and transferring their findings to the field.
- Contribute to quarterly and interim reports.
- Contribute to interim and final projects’ reports.
- Prepare visit ToRs and post-filed visit reports.
Objective 4: Internal Coordination
- Actively collaborate and coordinate with other Managers and senior officers in Medical Unit on relevant program topics.
- Participate on the weekly Medical Unit meetings.
- Contribute with RMNCAH program bullet points to the PU-AMI Kabul Office coordination meetings.
- Prepare herself and participate on quarterly/ bi-annual review meetings.
Objective 5: Represent PU-AMI in MoPH/ Partners meetings
- Preparation for relevant MoPH meeting related to RMNCAH.
- Participation in MoPH meeting related to RMNCAH.
- Assure the recognition of PU-AMI inputs in these fora and taskforces.
- Collect guidelines, policy, strategy and tools related to RMNCAH.
- Analyze of MoPH policies and strategies related to RMNCAH.
- Ensure that PU-AMI RMNCAH projects are harmonized with MoPH policies and recommendations.
- Attend and/or ensure participation on the meetings, workshops and other events organized with others partners (UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, NGOs, etc.) on RMNCAH.
- Investigate and collect information on the possibility of external training related to RMNCAH.
Objective 7: Assessing existing SRH activities and propose establishing the new
activities/ projects related to these program fields.
As per above tasks, constantly assesses PU-AMI’s ongoing SRHR activities, identify possibilities for additional activities and propose new RMNCAH related projects.
Remark: Due to the specific nature PU-AMI work and to the responsibilities of the employee, he/she may be required to be at the organization’s disposal for any other and extra duties as per his/her professional capacities and work experience and skills.
- Female MD with at least 3 years’ experience in the same field
- MPH and/or gynecologist is preferred
- Knowledge of BPHS and EPHS projects
- Knowledge of HMIS
- Be able to write good analytic and technical reports
- Having good communication skills
- Good manager and team capacity oriented
- Rigorous and autonomous in his/her work
- Good knowledge of English language, both spoken and written
- Very good computer programs knowledge and skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Committed and able to travel to different provinces
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.