Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officers
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 22 September, 2021
About OCHR (Organization for Coordination of Humanitarian Relief):
OCHR is a national non-governmental organization established in Afghanistan in 2015 to play a vital role in humanitarian and development settings, and to contribute towards the peace building in the country where the people can live in amity and harmony.
In humanitarian situations emerging as result of conflict or natural disasters, natural, the response encompasses the provision of tools and resources i.e. to reduces the suffering and increase self-sufficiency.
Our approach includes sustainable development, focusing on ultra-poor communities of Afghanistan. The endeavors focus on social and economic development of the people dwelling in remotes parts of the country.
Through peacebuilding efforts, we envision Afghanistan a socially inclusive society where peace and prosperity remains a fate for every individual living in this territory. Promote the social cohesion, curtailing extremism in all forms, inclusiveness of peace processes where children, women and marginalized groups have a voice.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will lead the implementation of project MEAL system. Specifically, he/she will:
- Undertake performance measurement tasks including indicator selection, target setting, development of performance monitoring plans and reporting.
- Support learning design and methodology for project-related learning agenda.
- Translate information from project evaluations to support communication and dissemination of evaluation findings and lessons learned.
- Monitor the results of the project activities; implement systematic program learning tools and activities designed to build staff capacity in MEAL work.
- Carry out data quality assessment and ensure credible data is obtained, processed and reported.
- Coordinate the generation of and communicate the utilization of learnings for project improvement and organizational application for program-wide influence.
- Ensure that project results are demonstrated and communicated
- Collate and compile periodic reports for submission to the donor.
- Ensure compliance with donor and regulations related to MEAL work.
- Participate in the development of detailed implementation plans and reports.
- Ensure that MEAL activities are planned and adequately budgeted for
- Lead in organizing and undertaking surveys to provide primary data (baseline, coverage, KAP surveys, PDMs, Endlines, etc.) when required and as part of ongoing assessment of the impact of sector programmes and ongoing sector needs identification
- Assess whether programs are reaching their targets and inform appropriate program staff when targets are not being met
- Facilitate assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting MEAL priorities at the Field level
- Ensure proper documentation of all MEAL processes and outcomes (including ensuring outcome monitoring is conduct to ensure change in practices and behaviors are measured overtime)
- University degree in development studies, social science, or any other relevant technical credential
- Proven 5 years experience in the field of MEAL with national and international organizations.
- Previous experience in site monitoring especially in construction engineering.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions, and communities.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and local languages, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office); Experience in hygiene and sanitation and Public health is preferred.
In order to apply for the announced vacancies, please send your CVs to the email address given below by the closing dates mentioned and as applicable.
Once your CV is and Application form is received, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted, followed by written test and interview.
The subject line must read MEAL Officer- AdminHR/07/2021
Non-compliance with the submission guidelines may lead to the rejection of your application for the position you have applied.
House 41, Street No. 3 Adjacent to Dawat University District 05, Kabul-Afghanistan