Position Title: Finance Manager
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 27 September, 2021
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the worl
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall management of Finance Department of AFGA that includes; budgeting, accounting, finances, financial reporting to management, Board of Directors and donors as well as ensuring effective and efficient utilization of financial resources in line with Finance Manual and donors’ regulations.
Under the direct supervision of CEO, the Finance Manager will specifically be responsible for the followings:
- Budget, Budget Revision and Financial Proposals
- Prepare annual program budget in close coordination with department heads, present the draft to CEO for review and comments, incorporate the changes and finalize.
- Prepare project budget in close coordination with program manager, present the draft to CEO for review and comments, incorporate the changes and finalize.
- Monitor expenditures vs budget, identify deviations if any, discuss with CEO and concerned department and revise accordingly.
- Communicate the budget revision with concerned donor to secure approval. Upon securing donor’s approval, communicate the revised budget with the relevant AFGA staff.
- Ensure that budget is prepared in accordance with AFGA policies and donor’s regulations.
- Accounts and Recording
- Ensure that vouchers are prepared in line with AFGA finance manual and are backed with proper supporting documents
- Ensure that all transactions are coded properly as per AFGA charts of accounts and are entered into Quick Book in timely manner.
- Ensure that project expenses are recorded separately for each project in to Quick Books and are tracked easily.
- Review charts of accounts regularly and create new codes in the charts of accounts as per need.
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Prepare monthly financial reports for each project/program and submit to CEO and other relevant staff at AFGA
- Analyze expenditure vs budget, identify deviations and discuss with relevant department for rectification
- Prepare financial reports to donors as per agreed templates and submit in timely maner. Receive feedback from them and revise reports if needed.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for Board of Directors and submit through CEO.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to Ministry of Economy and other stakeholders as per the agreed templates in accordance to the deadlines.
- Make sure that sufficient internal control mechanisms are in place/are implemented and report to and discuss any deviation with CEO.
- Cash and Banks
- Make sure that petty cash is maintained in AFGA Head Office and field offices in line with AFGA finance manual.
- Make sure that proper and regular cash count and reconciliation is performed as per AFGA policies and are properly documented.
- Ensure that cash limit in the office is not exceeding the agreed limit
- Make sure that bank book is maintained and any bank transactions are recorded properly.
- Responsible for monthly banks reconciliation for all bank accounts and its recording.
- Control use of cash and ensure that cash is used only for official purposes.
- Staff Supervision:
- Allocate duties and specific responsibilities to each staff members of the Finance department.
- Supervise the Finance department staff to make sure that they perform well and in line with the Finance policies and procedures, their job descriptions and AFGA standards.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of Finance Department Staff, identify the areas of improvements and provide guidance and support accordingly to ensure better performance.
- Audit and Internal Control
- Prepare TOR for Auditors and ensure timely recruitment of auditors and completion of annual and project audits.
- Provide information to auditors and make sure that the audit is conducted in accordance to the agreed TOR and timeframe.
- Draft responses to the management letter issued by the auditors and receive final audit report
- Facilitate the implementation of the auditors’ recommendations
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with NGOs
- MBA-Finance. CIMA/ACCA/ACA is preferred.
- Proficient in Quick Books accounting software
- In depth knowledge of financial regulations, Tax and account processes
- Ability to handle multi donors and multiyear budgets
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge
- Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to supervise and direct
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs along Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than (September 27th 2021), please mention position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email.
Applications are accepted in English and shortlisted candidates will be contacted only. Submission after the deadline will not be considered