Position Title: Programme/Finance Associate
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 09 December, 2021
The Programme/Finance Associate delivers effective financial advice and services to internal and external clients, providing finance and administration related guidance to Area Office, Country Office (CO) and UNFPA supported projects.
You will report to the Head of Area Office and liaise with IOM in Kabul Office. You may supervise the driver at the Area Office
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will support the effective management of UNFPA programme activities in the areas of population and development, reproductive health and gender.
Possessing a depth of knowledge of UNFPA financial and administrative rules, guidelines, and processes, you will demonstrate a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting rules, procedures and guidelines. You will act in an advisory manner to programme / project staff to maximise the impact of financial resources in delivering programmes / projects.
You would be responsible for:
- Supporting the monitoring of programme financial performance, by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results; detecting potential over/under expenditure problems and proposing remedial action.
- Developing effective mechanisms for monitoring programme and project budgets; coordinating compilation of financial data; and regularly providing accurate, up to date financial information to HQ and regional offices.
- Managing procurement operations for office and project equipment, supplies and services, in a transparent and cost-effective manner; and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Interpreting financial policies and procedures and providing training and guidance to staff and project managers. Striving to identify innovative ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assisting in the management of the CO budget, by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions as required.
- Maintaining an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up; and processing financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Reviewing and monitoring charges for common services and cost recovery, taking into account maximum cost efficiency; representing UNFPA’s interests in financial negotiations and agreements.
Supervising administrative and clerical staff as required.
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree in Finance, Business, Public Administration or similar discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications, web-based management and ERP financial systems.
Fluency in English is required and knowledge of local languages (Dari, Pashto) is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy. Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
For Jalalabad: https://erecruit.partneragencies.org/psc/UNDPP1HRE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=40630&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 For Herat: https://erecruit.partneragencies.org/psc/UNDPP1HRE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/