Position Title: Hygiene Promoter
Activation Date: 13 January, 2022 Announced Date: 13 January, 2022 Expire Date: 22 January, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
Scope of work:
The Hygiene promoter will be responsible for hygiene promotion of WASH activities in Balkh /Laghman provinces.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct hygiene promotion sessions and home visiting.
- Conduct hygiene promotion for community hygiene promoter
- Supervise community hygiene promoters.
- Distribution of hygiene kits.
- Participate in solid waste clean-up campaigns.
- Conduct baseline and end line KAP survey.
- Submit daily data to the data entry clerk
- Working in a team and ensure that problems are identified in the initial stages and solved those amicably.
- Provide support to the WASH Officer with adequate information, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and problem-solving.
- Attending all relevant meetings requested by the supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Assist in other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
Leadership: Has the ability to engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to the problems.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (community leaders, supervisors, CHPs, other actors, etc.).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine, adaptability to live and interact with project staff, and capacity and ability to live and/or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project implementation strategies and approaches and project monitoring systems. Ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments/deadlines, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows a real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology and different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or be deployed anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with the security department.
- Graduated from registered midwifery/ nursing school or relevant educational institutions or Paramedical staff from a recognized institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with government and/or NGOs in hygiene promotion in the fragile environment/region.
- Good coordination, networking, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good communication and liaison skills with the community and all staff.
- Written and spoken English is a plus.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified problems/challenges.
- Flexibility is requested regarding the working hours and the live-in community after the working hours.
- Prefer to the residential province
You are kindly requested to send your written CV or resume through email and mention the vacancy number of the position in the subject line. Application received after the closing date and without subject line (vacancy number) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Interested candidates should send their application to the following email address:
Important: To ensure an open, transparent staff selection process pleases certify in your application form that I have no relative or personal relationship with International Medical Corps employees if yes, please disclose the Name, Position and Relation, otherwise your CV will be not considered for shortlist
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review