Position Title: Regional Master Trainer
Activation Date: 06 May, 2021 Announced Date: 06 May, 2021 Expire Date: 20 May, 2021
The Ministry of Women's Affairs (MoWA) was established in 2001 under the Bonn Agreement. Until the third quarter of fiscal year 2020, as a government institution for advocacy and coordination, it was dedicated to plan, implement, and monitor programs within its strategic plan and national and international commitments. With the support of the leadership from the GoIRA, other governmental institutions, and non-governmental organizations, particularly, in the past five years, according to its “activities procedure”, it becomes a policy-making ministry and have brought significant changes in the life of Afghan women.
With the changes in the leadership of the ministry in 2020 and the commitment of the president of the GoIRA, it became an executive institution in addition to policy making. The initial steps to improve the quality and effectively address women's issues taken to improve its plans and organizational structure through evaluation and consultation with women, domestic and foreign elites considering social, economic, cultural, financial and political aspects. Based on the consultations, a Deputy for Women Economic Empowerment was established in the structure of the Ministry of Women Affairs.
Objectives of the Ministry
The goal(s) of the Ministry of Women's Affairs (MoWA) are effectiveness and quality in all national and local programs, empowerment of women at national level through, participation, coordination, and evaluation for balanced and effective development with national values.
Women Economic Empowerment-Rural Development Project (WEE-RDP) is a flagship national initiative of the GoIRA and part of the Sustainable Economy Growth pillar of MOWA, which intends to increase social and economic empowerment of rural poor women in selected communities during a five-year project. It would work in 5000 villages in all 34 provinces across Afghanistan in close collaboration with Citizen Charter (CC) and assuring convergence with other MoWA projects, NHLP project of MAIL, Access to Finance project (TUP) of World Bank, etc. The project will work closely work with Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) and other stakeholders from financial sector to promote access to finance in selected rural areas.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
A comprehensive training program for all new staff will be a cornerstone of the success of the WEERDP. Not only does the program seek to train its own employees, it will provide training facilitators to Facilitation Partners (FPs) to conduct training to program beneficiaries. Regional Master Trainer (RMT) is responsible to coordinate all training activities at regional level, planning, budgeting, quality control, data collection and conducting TOTs to program team & FPs by cooperation of technical units of WEE-RDP. Regional Master Trainer will provide facilities such as hand-outs, brochures, booklets, checklists, posters, formats and evaluation forms, projector, screen, attendance sheet for any training conduct in regional level by WEERDP team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and deliver the training programs and TOTs at regional level for SO (Social Organizers) and VF (Village Facilitator) and the Facilitating Partners (FPs) trainers as required.
- Implement and maintain training evaluation system for all major training events work to maintain close contact with program team and FPs to anticipate training needs for field staff.
- Manage and ensure adequate supplies and equipment to support training programs;
- To collect and monitor the SHGs and VSLAs for Islamic Micro Finance (IMF) concept implementation at the field.
- Conducting need assessment of provincial office staff to address their learning needs;
- Conduct TOTs to WEERDP team and FPs in regional level as required
- Coordinate training activities with technical units including planning, budgeting and quality control of trainings conduct by both technical units and FPs.
- Providing all necessary items for trainings conduct by program team such as training materials, handouts, formats, posters, booklets, brochures, evaluation forms, stationary, white-board, projector and etc.
- Check the quality of training materials (handouts, trainer guides and posters), methodologies, agenda, time management and preparations for those trainings which are going to be conducted to beneficiaries by program team and FPs.
- Developing required budgets for training events at any time required;
- Liaise closely with other training institutions in the region to identify training opportunities for capacity enhancement of program team.
- Liaise closely with service providers, expert agencies, individual consultants, FPs and facilitate execution of planned assignments with expected quality;
- Assess the effectiveness of trainings delivered to staff and clients by external training providers/FPs and by WEE-RDP’s team.
- Liaise closely with M&E and technical departments of the program in the region and collect their feedback for improvement of training activities and take necessary actions accordingly.
- Make sure keeping update training data conducted by program team and FPs at regional level and report accordingly.
- Developing plans, budget and reports in regular bases or as required
- Any other duties or tasks assigned.
- 4 years’ relevant experiences of working as trainer, master trainer or working on the development and implementation/delivering of training programs for an NGO, consultancy, or public entity
- Knowledge of business development training is desirable;
- Enough knowledge of Sharia and Islamic Micro Finance is highly desirable
- Experience in the general administration, logistics, finance and procurement activities for development projects would be highly desirable
- Bachelor degree in science, business administration, or other related field
- Additional training in adult education, or techniques in professional development;
- Excellent Knowledge of local languages & English
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Good computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office packages and efficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Personal commitment to improving knowledge and skills for regional staff;
- Management skills to maintain staff productivity in a high pressure environment;
- Service oriented attitude to pro-actively seek training assignments from program and field staff;
- Regional master trainer is reporting to Regional Manager and technically report to Training Unit Manager at PMO.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through in to Vacancies.email@example.com and CC :firstname.lastname@example.org
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to written test you will be required to present the original certificates. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date of the position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test Note: In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (033/021/HR/WEE-RDP/MoWA) in Subject while applying online. Application without vacancy number will not be accepted.
The Ministry of Women’s Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is highly committed to increase women’s participation in government sector therefore women are highly encouraged to apply.
To: Vacancies.email@example.com-CC: firstname.lastname@example.org